Oprah (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Do any of you have girlfriends or wives that are obsessed with Oprah?

Mine is, she Tivo's it everyday. I swear at some point in almost every conversation I have with her she says something like:

"On yesterday's Oprah", "On last week's Oprah" ,"This one time on Oprah", "Oprah says this, Oprah says that" etc. It drives me completely mad.

And the absolute worst : when I go over to her place and she says"There's this part of Oprah that I want you to see" or, the horror, "I saved an ( ENTIRE) episode of Oprah that I want you to watch". Thankfully she very rarely does either.

Now if I tell here that I don't care one bit about Oprah or what she has to say about anything she'll be livid for a week. It faster and easier to just listen or to just watch. She does get miffed when I don't get emotional in the places I'm supposed to.

Anyone else go through this, or is it just me?

My wife watched Dr. Phil alot when she was staying home after our son was born and she did seem to talk about his show ALOT, but thankfully she doesn't Tivo them anymore

I'd have to get a new wife, mom, and sis. I admire Oprah, but dayum.

Tell her that you will watch one episode of Oprah for each day she watches a PGA tournament with you.

You might have to watch 15 minutes of golf before she concedes but the problem would be solved.

or find a new girlfriend.

Yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead take your man card here. And I own a straw hat.

poprah.jpg

Just block out those channels like I do. My wife can only watch Starz westerns, Food network, and the Do-it-yourself network while I'm at work.

Just block out those channels like I do. My wife can only watch Starz westerns, Food network, and the Do-it-yourself network while I'm at work.

She has a TV in the kitchen? :dunno:

:ezbill:

The "You must watch this Oprah episode" portion of our relationship ended when Wifey greeted me at the door with that request after I'd been camped out in the woods for a week on US Army war game exercises.

With my face covered in camo paint and reeking like a rancid rhino, I was still in the "directive mode" of operation. My ear-splitting, profanity-laced directives at that point brought an end to any mandatory Oprah viewing forever.

I slept comfortably that night, curled up cozily on the sofa with two cats and a golden retriever.

This is a curse currently plaguing mankind. Probably has been since the advent of any kind of public speaking

Greek wife "welcome home form your war with Sparta honey. Boy, Ive got to tell you what Europhestes said today!"

Greek soldier rolls his eyes.

I used to combat it myself, just say "babe, im just not interested" or I might have even engaged in the convo, so as not to appear as a total Neanderthal, but when I rebuffed her attempt at injecting me with her brand of new found knowledge, she got upset. Ya gotta tel them, "im not cutting you down, its not a personal attack, I just don't get into this junk. Now, go fix me a turkey pot pie and get me a beer"

So what that means to you is, get used to the occasional night on the couch, or give up your man card and join the fold of Oprahites. Or, get ya a new girl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom