Optimist (1 Viewer)

brungart

nittany saint
Reaction score
Just because I'm tired of the overreaction so far, I wanted to post a different perspective. I have to say I am honestly really excited for most of todays performance. I was expecting to see Brees getting killed today and for us to be a mess on offense. Surprisingly, we looked about as good as ever. On defense it started rough but we calmed down and started shutting them down. We are very young and if we stay patient we will get better and should hit our stride at the right time. Lutz was solid and I believe we should just let him be the kicker. The only thing that I am still concerned with was with the lack of consistent push up the middle....hopefully Rankins will help with this when he returns. The Raiders are not a bad team.

I didn't get a chance to see the last FG shot from Lutz until now.

All those "we need a new kicker" posters need to refresh their copy/paste posts ASAP. Guy was close to hitting a 61 yarder to give us the win. Payton's solidly behind him. I'm happy that we got a guy with a leg. And right now, if he needs a bit more development, it's not like we aren't still looking for that from our defense. He'll be fine.

Otherwise, the offense did a good job today. Always could score more, but if you score 34 points and lose, it's not on your offense.

I'm optimistic as well. We seem to play well against the G-men in the past and if we can get that one to go 1-1... We all know we aren't losing on that anniversary date with the Falcons in the dome on Monday Night. That would get us to 2-1...

Gotta believe people!!

I didn't get a chance to see the last FG shot from Lutz until now.

All those "we need a new kicker" posters need to refresh their copy/paste posts ASAP. Guy was close to hitting a 61 yarder to give us the win. Payton's solidly behind him. I'm happy that we got a guy with a leg. And right now, if he needs a bit more development, it's not like we aren't still looking for that from our defense. He'll be fine.

Otherwise, the offense did a good job today. Always could score more, but if you score 34 points and lose, it's not on your offense.

No one's holding the missed 61 yd field goal against him .... its the missed 50 yd field goal in the 3rd quarter which came back to bite us you know where .... and he made one more in the 4th quarter which was tipped .... he was lucky that it was only a 20 yd field goal otherwise even that would have been missed..... and what was the point on changing the kicker in the final week before the regular season started? ....

The things that were in our control ultimately decided the game. Missed FGs, timeout managment, poor tackling.

I'm not predicting doom.

Another damn broken fibula is something that chaffs super hard, but whatever.

Our young CBs journey will not get better.

PJ Williams is now our #1 corner. Unless we make a trade.

The bright side: The most meaningless game of the season is game 1 against a non conference opponent.

The harsh reality: If this were say, 2011, and we lost this game I wouldn't think twice about it. But, knowing how fragile this teams psyche is right now, this could easily avalanche into a complete catastrophe. Winning this game was crucial.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom