optimistic (1 Viewer)

saintsmarchin

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
After today's game I feel optimistic about our future. So many negatives in the past couple seasons.. I feel like we are on the cusp of being great again.

Jortizcardona

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Seeing Drew play like today gave me optimism that in a couple of year when we have an average Def, we'll be great.

eizenbizen

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
If Breaux didn't get hurt, we win that game by two touchdowns. Without him, it'll be rough going, but I have faith in this team. If they can make the adjustments needed, we can win 10 games this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freshcakes

Veteran
Reaction score
I see the same problems on defense.

Giving up big plays. Can't bounce back after big plays.

Inability to pressure the QB. Making average QBs look great.

Giving long third down conversions.

Poor tackling. No sacks, no pressures.

TheSaints7

Die Hard Saints Fan.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder how you find this optimism after watching us play. We could be 0-15 heading into our final game and you'd probably still think we'll win 10 games lol.

PurpleBlack&Gold

FOOTBALL PLEASE!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I see the same problems on defense.

Giving up big plays. Can't bounce back after big plays.

Inability to pressure the QB. Making average QBs look great.

Giving long third down conversions.

Poor tackling. No sacks, no pressures.
Carr is very much above average. Who else did we play so far that was average and looked great? They were shut down until Breaux was hurt.

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
The overhaul on defense this off season wasn't enough

We shouldve been in panic mode to fix the defensive woes years ago and instead have spent money on wasted picks and awful FA acquisitions

VoodooChild85

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I wonder how you find this optimism after watching us play. We could be 0-15 heading into our final game and you'd probably still think we'll win 10 games lol.
Because as much as we like to pretend we're football gurus and unsigned coaches the truth is we aren't on staff and never will be. We are fans. Rooting for our team Osbourne only job and if we can't root for our team in hard times then we may as well call it a day. It's not as stupid as you make it sound

Freshcakes

Veteran
Reaction score
Carr is very much above average. Who else did we play so far that was average and looked great? They were shut down until Breaux was hurt.
My sample size is 3 years running and 8 out of the last 10 years because until proven otherwise we should expect the same as long as the same people are making the decisions. The onus is on them to prove things have changed. Not some blind optimism that things will magically improve.

How fragile is out team that if one player (not named Brees) goes down and we completely collapse in the last quarter? That's Les Miles like.

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I'm not optimistic. I'm just going to watch this first half of the season and hope they can hover near .500.

I saw the 2011 Saints start 5-3. The 2010 Packers 5-3. If this team can get to 4-4 I'll be ecstatic. Then hope they can get healthy and hit a streak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom