Oregon fires coach Mark Helfrich (1 Viewer)

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Oregon fires coach Mark Helfrich after four seasons

Oregon football coach Mark Helfrich has been fired after four seasons.

The school announced the decision Tuesday night. Helfrich was 37-16 as head coach of the Ducks, including 4-8 this season.

"We want to thank Mark for his eight years with the University of Oregon and appreciate his efforts on behalf of Oregon football," athletic director Rob Mullens, said in a statement. "We wish Mark and his family the best."

Mullens said he made the decision Tuesday before he and Helfrich met to discuss the coach's job status.

Helfrich, previously the Ducks' offensive coordinator, took the reins in 2013 after Chip Kelly left to coach the NFL's Philadelphia Eagles. He is the first Oregon coach to be fired in 40 years.

34a21db0abbade9a3ed2902656c301a7.jpg

Haha. I was wondering if this was going to happen after watching Ryan Nall and the OSU running game destroy them last weekend. Problem is that the talent there is in a serious hole. Chip Kelley's talent have pretty much left and the recruiting there hasn't been nearly as strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

am I the only one praying to the sweet baby Jesus for this. Not only to keep him about as far away from La as you can get, but to witness one more disastrous HC experience and possibly even getting locked off another bus or plane?

I read the thread title as "Orgeron fires coach..." and I was trying to figure out just who exactly Coach O fired.

That would be funny. Yet another coach's kid that if his dad wasn't who he was would never have a job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read the thread title as "Orgeron fires coach..." and I was trying to figure out just who exactly Coach O fired.

You were not the only one. I was very confused for a second.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom