Oregon wildfires- (1 Viewer)

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
they have 2 major fires creeping towards Eugene ( Holiday fire ) and Portland ( Beachie fire ) and are 0% contained.

The have an additional 34 fires burning in the state. Good lawd

I know we have a resident of Portland here, no? Safe? what the heck ....

Sorry to hear that Jeff.
I have friends that are coming to stay with me as they are being evacuated but no one has suffered damage yet that I know.

I live is SE Portland.

it looks like dense fog outside.

I feel for those without central air systems.

To mention something good - the BLM protests are “suspended” and instead everyone instead being sent to assist the affected towns in our state starting yesterday and until the fires are contained.

Sorry to hear that Jeff.
I have friends that are coming to stay with me as they are being evacuated but no one has suffered damage yet that I know.

I live is SE Portland.

To mention something good - the BLM protests are “suspended” and instead everyone instead being sent to assist the affected towns in our state starting yesterday and until the fires are contained.

I'm up in Vancouver, people i know have lost homes around Molalla and outside of Lincoln City with others under level 2 alert from Clackamas county to the coast. Here its looks like a yellow fog, i hear at the coast they can't see the sun. My wife is feeling the effects of breathing the smoke for 5 days straight, i'm able to keep it to a minimum but there's only so much you can do, eventually it leaks in.

I'm sure it was the homes of the BLM rioters are in danger, that's likely why they are suspended. But yeh, that is good news. i'm flying to the east coast next Friday for a couple weeks, will be nice to escape west coast crazy for awhile.

Sorry to hear that Jeff.

I live is SE Portland.

Good for them

My boss and several co-workers live in the Silicon Valley area. They tell me you go outside for even a few minutes and it gets hard to breathe.

We're across the road from the Stage 1 evac area for the Big Hollow fire. The world looks like a weird Instagram filter's been applied to it. If it was grey, I'd think it was just November mists.
Our neighbors spent Wednesday relocating their horses and seem to have decided to just stay wherever it is they went.

Actually that is well beyond (south) of Portland. That is Clackamas County - towns like Canby, Oregon City, etc.

salem is about 60 miles south on I-5

I am in Sellwood which is as far south as Portland gets. Literally. The Milwaukee border is less than .5 mile south. That is Clackamas County. We are Multnomah county.

the city itself is not going to be hit by these fires fortunately. We have had no wind and there is a fog (real fog, not smoke) that is knocking down the smoke.

rain is in the forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday so send us some good thoughts but the worst seems to be over. For now anyway

ETA- sorry Dan, I misread your post as this is SE Portland.

See the fire up by those three skinny lakes?
That's the Big Hollow fire.
It's not an immediate threat, but the smoke is unreal.

I'm up in Vancouver, people i know have lost homes around Molalla and outside of Lincoln City with others under level 2 alert from Clackamas county to the coast. Here its looks like a yellow fog, i hear at the coast they can't see the sun. My wife is feeling the effects of breathing the smoke for 5 days straight, i'm able to keep it to a minimum but there's only so much you can do, eventually it leaks in.

I'm sure it was the homes of the BLM rioters are in danger, that's likely why they are suspended. But yeh, that is good news. i'm flying to the east coast next Friday for a couple weeks, will be nice to escape west coast crazy for awhile.
Good for you! 👍. Hope that you can breathe better on the East coast! 🙏🏻

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom