Organized Boycott (1 Viewer)

Consigliere

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We can say "boycott the Superbowl" all we want here on this website, but it will not make a drop of difference unless we really get the word out.

We will only make a point if the Nielson Ratings show that no TV's in New Orleans tuned into the game, and overall it had the lowest modern viewership.

We need local politicians, billboards, anything to get the word out and make this a true boycott.

We can say "boycott the Superbowl" all we want here on this website, but it will not make a drop of difference unless we really get the word out.

We will only make a point if the Nielson Ratings show that no TV's in New Orleans tuned into the game, and overall it had the lowest modern viewership.

We need local politicians, billboards, anything to get the word out and make this a true boycott.
We are just going to watch a replay of the 2009 Saints Super Bowl game. I am going to watch the commercials later.

For those of us not in Louisiana this week, are there actual discussions to boycott on TV?

The more this post sits with me, the more I like it. I hate being in victim mode. Me feeling sorry for me is lame and boring. This thread proposes specific action. If we can get a list of sponsors, I will absolutely do my part to boycott all sponsors products.

1) That's how we get the attention of the NFL. Get their billion dollar annually contracted sponsors to become really upset and worried.
2) It takes me out of the victim mode into action mode. For me, everytime I pass on a sponsors product, my mind will say, "Screw them," and feel good about taking some action.

Actually my mind will be much more colorful than "Screw Them," but this is SR "PG board" so not the place to share what my mind will really be saying - lol

Edit: And I think we need to check with Andrus or Dan in L. In our zest to screw the NFL, we need to make sure we don't hurt any company sponsors of SR.

I live on the MS gulf coast and there are a lot of people here that have said they aren’t watching this year. There will definitely be a drop in viewership here. Now whether that makes a difference, I don’t know.

Those are not sponsors. That's a list of companies who bought a SB ad. That's not the same thing as a sponsor.

Below is the NFL sponsors as of 2018.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2018/09/06/NFL-Season-Preview/Sponsometer.aspx

SPONSOR CATEGORY SINCE

News America Super Bowl FSI '79
Gatorade (PepsiCo) Sports nutrition '83
EA Sports Video games '93
Visa Payment systems services '95
Campbell’s Soup Soup '98
FedEx Package delivery services, office supply retailer '00
Frito-Lay (PepsiCo) Salted snacks/popcorn/peanuts/dips/salsa '00
Mars Snackfoods (Snickers/Skittles/M&M's) Chocolate/non-chocolate confectionery '02
Pepsi Soft drinks '02
Dairy Management Inc. Dairy products (milk/yogurt/cheese) '03
SiriusXM Satellite radio '04
Bridgestone Automotive tires '07
Ticketmaster TicketExchange '08
Procter & Gamble (Febreze, Secret, Vicks, Head & Shoulders, Gillette, Secret, Old Spice, Tide) OTC grooming, fabric/air care, household needs, OTC remedies '09
Verizon* Wireless, local long distance telecom services; smart communities services, digital media video services '10
Barclays Affinity card/rewards program '10
Under Armour Footwear/glove provider '10
Castrol Motor oil '10
Anheuser-Busch Alcoholic beverages (beer, wine) '11
USAA** Auto, home, life insurance; military appreciation '11
Bose Home theater system, headsets, headphones '11
Courtyard by Marriott Hotel '11
Quaker Oats (PepsiCo) Hot cereal, granola bars '12
New Era Hats '12
Nike On-field apparel, footwear, gloves '12
Microsoft (Surface, Windows) Tablets, laptops, operating systems '13
Zebra Technologies Real time location solutions, on-field player tracking '14
Extreme Networks Wi-Fi analytics, network solutions '14
Nationwide** Auto, home, life insurance '14
Hyundai Passenger vehicles (cars, SUVs, crossovers, luxury) '15
Dannon Yogurt/yogurt-based smoothies '15
Ford Trucks '16
Intel Volumetric image/video capture '17
Amazon Web Services*** Cloud infrastructure, cloud platform, machine learning, AI '18
Aramark B2B marketing rights '18
HP 3D foot scanning/video technology (for personalized cleats) '18
McDonald's QSR '18
Pizza Hut Pizza carry-out, delivery, frozen '18
Sleep Number Mattresses, sleep tracking, bedding, sleep/wellness '18

What's the difference between a sponsor and a company that has paid ads.?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom