Organizing to maximize Dome noise (1 Viewer)

I'll play another card too. Say there's an injury to an offensive opponent during their potential game winning drive with only a few second left and they need a TD and are getting close. We need to make noise the whole time so they can't communicate during the injury timeout. Otherwise they will know what they are doing and we are at a disadvantage.

Bring lots of pennies and put them in a metal beer can, they sell them in the dome. Shake that stuff and it's very loud combined with your voice and it you will be great for the whole game!

Oh bring caps from home they don't always give them to you or you could just shove a napkin in the hole.

Going to throw the bovine feces flag on this one. Its the youngsters who are playing on phones or trying to act "cool".

Both old and young people do it. My parents sit on Facebook more than I do, and I'm in my 20's. Also, people just a few years younger than me get on my nerves.

Point being---old, young, middle-aged...Get out there and YELL YOUR arse OFF. I wish I could be there cause I'd lose my voice by the end of the 1st quarter haha as has happened many times in games before.

WHO DAT:bandg::ylsuper:

Just don't start a WhoDat chant while an opponent is on the field injured. That was poor form and bad juju in my opinion

But I totally agree. I'd love to see that 126 dB record beaten this weekend. I think the previous matchup with the Rams...we were a little bit cautious because we wanted to see what kind of team we had. Now we know and the fans are ready to do their part to help.
To be honest I do not think there was any intent due to the injury!

I think the fans could not yell during the offense holding the ball and saw it as a lull that gave them an opportunity to yell some more.

It was classless due to the injury but I really do not think it was done out of spite or meanest!

If anyone attending can't bring the noise, send me your tickets. I'll bring it ?
Listen, I could not yell at the last game even know I was in my seat!
I had a bad cold to start and was already horse and to yell would of mean spreading my cold to a bunch more fans who would also be needing their voices at this next game.
And don’t even try to tell me I should of just stayed home. I’ve had season tickets since 2002 and do not miss games and also paid my $160 for my seat. So I may have been quite but I was there!

I feel like the superdome management group is missing out on a great money making opportunity by not selling some sort of concession item (like popcorn or something) that, when finished with the food can be specifically made into a megaphone.

To be honest I do not think there was any intent due to the injury!

I think the fans could not yell during the offense holding the ball and saw it as a lull that gave them an opportunity to yell some more.

It was classless due to the injury but I really do not think it was done out of spite or meanest!

Me either. The injury was close to the sideline so I think most fans might not have been able to tell.

On the other hand, the Steelers fans in the dome clearly cheered when Armstead got hurt. #Classless

Sorry but if we do a game changing play, TD at the last moment or big turnover to seal the game. Best believe we are cheering and Who Dat chanting like hooligans. Injury or not, that's too big of a moment not to go nuts. What if we hit a game winning field goal and make it and are on our way to Atlanta and an opponent is injured? Do you think the Dome will be quiet? No way lol we partying like crazy and wouldn't even notice the injury.

It was just the optics of it that was bad. I was only able to see what FoxSports showed me and that was an Eagles player hurt near the sideline while fans are chanting WhoDat. It just seems classless and we're better than that. I'm now sure that a good bit of people may not have realized. Or maybe they waited until they could tell it wasn't a serious injury. I don't know.

What I do know is that I pride myself on being a WhoDat because we know when to get loud and we know when to show respect. All of my opposing fan friends that have attended games have complimented us on how respectful and welcoming we are. I don't want us turning into the classless fan base of so many other teams...

If a team is going to fake an injury to get a quiet dome, I'm thinking that's bad JuJu and they'll get theirs regardless.

I sat in front of a "Valley Girl" sounding 20ish that sat through the entire Steelers game and gossiped about friends to her girlfriend. We were in Plaza on the 3rd row....who pays that much to go to a game and not even care that they are there? When we won I gave out high fives but politely chuckled and shook my head when she wanted to high five like she was part of the crowd...
As long as she yells the gossip it should count....? :idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom