Original KISS drummer celebrates surviving breast cancer (1 Viewer)

Tony The Fish

"Bury Me In Smoke"
Reaction score
(CNN) -- A year after beating breast cancer, Peter Criss, a founding member of the rock band KISS, calls himself "the luckiest man in the planet."
While some men feel embarrassed because of "this macho crap," Criss said surviving breast cancer -- yes, men get it, too -- was actually a blessing. He was treated before the tumor could spread and said he's speaking about male breast cancer now -- during National Breast Cancer Awareness month -- to raise the profile of this rare disease.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/10/15/male.breast.cancer/
<!--startclickprintexclude-->

It's more common than you think......

I just can't believe he's 63.......:drummer: Damn, I'm getting old.....being that I was a member of the original KISS Army......

Good luck to the "Catman".......

It's about time a "name" came out for this. The vast majority of people I know think only chicks can get breast cancer.

Richard Roundtree was the man who personified masculinity in the iconoclastic film Shaft. But he doesn't have any trouble relating to women — especially when it comes to breast cancer.

Eight years ago Roundtree discovered a lump in his right breast.

"When I got the news, I was shocked," says the 59 year-old actor, who is working with the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation to raise men's awareness about the disease. "I thought, 'I couldn't possibly have breast cancer. Men don't get this.'"
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/spotlight/2001-09-18-roundtree-cancer.htm

It's about time a "name" came out for this. The vast majority of people I know think only chicks can get breast cancer.
Yes.

I wear a breast cancer pin on my work badge, as both a memoriam for some young women I know that died from it, and for my grandmother, who has beaten it twice. EVERY female at my job -- mind you, we're about 80ish percent female -- has asked me for it. Many have said things ranging from "I know someone with breast cancer too" ("get your own pin, then") to "Men can't get that" ("yes they do, and I'm actually moderate-risk to get it").

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom