Orlando Apollos Game. (2 Viewers)

Just got home. Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Good atmosphere. The pace of the game seemed like it moved right along. They said they had over 20k attendance. I was wearing my Saints hat and other folks in the section took note. We were all joking about it being the same officials when they called the TD incomplete.

Should be noted that the backers of the AAF have really spare NO expense in kicking off this league. Everything was very well done.

Oh, someone mentioned earlier they didn’t like the Apollos logo. I think it is one of the better ones. Apollo the sun god drawing a bow. Love it. 06AA67AD-90E5-44D9-BC34-AC6BDAD4C365.jpeg

Just got home. Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Good atmosphere. The pace of the game seemed like it moved right along. They said they had over 20k attendance. I was wearing my Saints hat and other folks in the section took note. We were all joking about it being the same officials when they called the TD incomplete.

Should be noted that the backers of the AAF have really spare NO expense in kicking off this league. Everything was very well done.

Oh, someone mentioned earlier they didn’t like the Apollos logo. I think it is one of the better ones. Apollo the sun god drawing a bow. Love it. 06AA67AD-90E5-44D9-BC34-AC6BDAD4C365.jpeg
Actually, the Orlando logo looks much better than most of the rest. But what I'm wondering is whether they are named after Apollo the Sun God or the Apollo space program. There was a retired astronaut who brought the ball to the field to start the game. I suppose they could be named after both.
I thought the Atlanta Legends logo looked terrible... especially the emblem on the helmet! It just looked cheap and not well thought out!

Actually, the Orlando logo looks much better than most of the rest. But what I'm wondering is whether they are named after Apollo the Sun God or the Apollo space program. There was a retired astronaut who brought the ball to the field to start the game. I suppose they could be named after both.
I thought the Atlanta Legends logo looked terrible... especially the emblem on the helmet! It just looked cheap and not well thought out!

Atlanta legends sounds like a lingerie football team name....

I looked it up it was the actual name of the Lingerie Football League ????

Either that or a strip club.

Not gonna lie, kind of jealous/ wish there was a Louisiana team. Baton Rouge Rougarou? Bring back the New Orleans Voodoo? (they always did have the best names for stuff like the Graveyard and the voodoo dolls)

Not gonna lie, kind of jealous/ wish there was a Louisiana team. Baton Rouge Rougarou? Bring back the New Orleans Voodoo? (they always did have the best names for stuff like the Graveyard and the voodoo dolls)
Baton Rouge Rougarou??? I would definitely be sold on that. That would make for a great logo!

I think the team is definitely named after Apollo the Sun God. When the name was announced, I remember the news also attributed it to the Apollo space program.

From Wiki . . .

The team's name is inspired by the Greek god Apollo and his and Florida's connections to the Sun, while the team's colors orange and navy are tributes to Florida's sunshine and the Apollo program, respectively. The helmet depicts Apollo shooting a bow-and-arrow as he is commonly pictured as an archer.

I'll be watching one of the games tonight on the NFL Network. I watched the end of the SD/SA game last night and liked what I saw. If this could be a testing ground for some of the new ideas that could bring about changes to the NFL in a positive way, I'm all for it.

I'm still sore about how the season ended, but if the rules change to where plays like that can be reviewed or overturned by the "sky official" than I hope it gets implemented sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately, the NFL usually a bit slow to make these kinds of changes, so it might be years before this comes to fruition.

Surprised Biloxi didn't try get in on this. They got the perfect climate for outdoor football this time of year.

They still stuck with that ridiculous 50 million dollar minor league baseball stadium that only hold 7,000 people. ... Which is ridiculous.... And those awful roads on the east side.

The football town with no upper level football. Sad stuff..

since its' talent region includes Louisiana and one of its' NFL teams is the Saints.

Please explain this because I can’t find any info on this, just what was mentioned in an interview once, Also what do you mean by one of its teams are the Saints? Are these teams assigned to NFL teams like AAA baseball, because I have never heard that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom