Orlando Apollos Game. (2 Viewers)

Please explain this because I can’t find any info on this, just what was mentioned in an interview once, Also what do you mean by one of its teams are the Saints?

Here's the list of all the colleges to the AAF teams:

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/201...f-filling-the-rosters-g5-college-ncaa-cfb-fcs

Here's the relationship of the 4 NFL and 1 CFL teams to the Memphis Express:

In addition, player rights from unaffiliated colleges would move onto their most recent pro football experience. For this, Memphis controls the Tennessee Titans, New Orleans Saints, Indianapolis Colts, Cincinnati Bengals, and Winnipeg Blue Bombers (CFL).

http://flurrysports.org/aaf-team-previews-memphis-express/

I'll have to track down a stream of the Memphis game. Seems initially that'll be the team I pull for. Don't want to get too attached yet though in case an expansion brings a more regional team to the table.

I think the team is definitely named after Apollo the Sun God. When the name was announced, I remember the news also attributed it to the Apollo space program.

From Wiki . . .

The team's name is inspired by the Greek god Apollo and his and Florida's connections to the Sun, while the team's colors orange and navy are tributes to Florida's sunshine and the Apollo program, respectively. The helmet depicts Apollo shooting a bow-and-arrow as he is commonly pictured as an archer.
Orlando is also right down the Bee Line Tollway from Kennedy Space Center which was the starting point for all the Apollo missions. I'm not sure if that played a role in the name chosen, but it's certainly plausible. :scratch:

Orlando is also right down the Bee Line Tollway from Kennedy Space Center which was the starting point for all the Apollo missions. I'm not sure if that played a role in the name chosen, but it's certainly plausible. :scratch:

Yay for someone remembering the BeeLine. They changed it to BeachLine a few years ago. Stupid.

Yay for someone remembering the BeeLine. They changed it to BeachLine a few years ago. Stupid.
That just shows how long it's been since I drove that stretch of highway. :hihi:
But no doubt they were trying to get people thinking about heading to those beautiful beaches instead of the simple straight line that tollway provides.

Well, the space missions were named after Greek Gods so I suppose they were influenced through NASA that way. I had posed the question earlier b/c a retired astronaut (sorry, I don't remember who it was) brought out the ball to start the game.

I think the team is definitely named after Apollo the Sun God. When the name was announced, I remember the news also attributed it to the Apollo space program.

From Wiki . . .

The team's name is inspired by the Greek god Apollo and his and Florida's connections to the Sun, while the team's colors orange and navy are tributes to Florida's sunshine and the Apollo program, respectively. The helmet depicts Apollo shooting a bow-and-arrow as he is commonly pictured as an archer.

So both?? Orlando is about 30 minutes from the Space Coast/Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral. I live here and just assumed it was a tip of the cap to the space mission. Tying it to the Sun God or whatever is pretty clever too though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom