Osi to the Falcons (1 Viewer)

Osi seems like he gets banged up a lot now, much the same as Abraham. Osi is also not as good as Abe was/is vs the run (as others have mentioned). And Osi managed 6 sacks last year with Tuck and JPP on the same DL, where Abe got 10 sacks in ATL virtually all by himself. Like I said, I think this is a downgrade.

If Osi was still "Osi", other teams would've shown interest in him as a premiere pass-rusher. Fact is, he's NOT.

Jackson is a fantasy disaster...he'll be out by week seven with hamstring issues

This!

Every season Jackson ends up on the sidelines with hammy issues. Did he ever finished a season in the past 5 years playing all 16 games? Every time they show the Rams on National TV, he is on the sidelines, injured....

Out of the possible Freeney, Kruger, Dumervil, Bennett, Osi, Abraham, Avril, etc. FA I would be fine with the Falcons taking Osi every day of the week.

Not being the protoypical Falcon hater (I like their addition of SJ for that price, unfortunately), but I recall the last 2 years of the Saints FO trying to get Osi. Both rumored times I thought the Saints were giving too much for a guy who had been slightly better than average with good players around him. In that time, he went from a player on a rise to a player on the downside of their career. To put it in perspective, I think Osi was a slightly worse Ray Edwards (at his Viking prime). Now don't get me wrong, I doubt he will be the absolute bust Edwards was. I imagine he may still get 4-6 sacks or so, but I don't see him making the impact Abraham had.

I think the most effective use of Osi would be how they handled Abraham and make him strictly a rush DE for 3rd down. Keep him fresh for what he does best. But seeing their depth at DE I don't think that's option at all. The Falcons are pretty solid at just about every position except the glaring hole at DE.

I think the most effective use of Osi would be how they handled Abraham and make him strictly a rush DE for 3rd down. Keep him fresh for what he does best. But seeing their depth at DE I don't think that's option at all. The Falcons are pretty solid at just about every position except the glaring hole at DE.

Don't forget our glaring holes at DT, LB, and corner as well. The only spots we are set at are safety lol

sent from the point of no return

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom