Osi Umenyiora wants to be a Saint (1 Viewer)

Osi would have been perfect last year, but he'll tie up too much cash for an experiment (in the 3-4). I'd rather get some young, cheap legs.

If he comes cheap enough, could he sub out with Lofton on 3rd downs for a pressure package?

Another past prime DE on the wrong side of 30 huh? Might aswell keep Fresh Prince if we wanna go that route. Flattered, but no thnx

I think in certain situations/packages we'll rush 4 down linemen, and he's ideal size for a 3-4 OLB but I don't see him dropping into coverage.

We def need to sign (insert soon-to-be cut or free agent player name here).

This is a bit misleading. He started off naming teams and the Saints were first and the Falcons were second. I think he went to name about 4 or 5 teams, but his point was basically that all the options are open. I didn't get the feel that he meant that he wanted to go to the Saints more than any other team in the NFL. I didn't hear a pause after he said the Saints either, but I only listened to it once. My guess is that we were first because he was in New Orleans, but then again, who knows.....

Actually i like the players who we have to run a 3-4. Just move Haper to OLB and add some pieces to the puzzle.

He also listed like 5 teams after us and then said any team not in the nfc east.

To my count we only have two 3-4 OLBs...Galette and Wilson. And Wilson is best fit for ILB. That leaves one current guy on the team who is an OLB. Depth will need to be added. Because of the salary cap, we are going to need to fill our roster out with rookies, veterans trying to stay in the league, and unproven young players looking at a second contract. I would like Osi at 3-4 OLB to add depth and rotate in and out with Galette on the weakside. But he may be wanting too much money. If that's the case...then no way. We don't have the cap for that.

He has a crush on Brees. I remember an interview where he talked about Brees forever as being the best player in the league. Talked about meeting him at the pro bowl and being blown away by how intelligent and what a great leader he was.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom