OSI vs. Saints LT (1 Viewer)

:plus-un2::9:

Anyone who watched the Dallas game had to come away thinking that Dallas beat themselves...especially with that fluke interception that went off of Witten's foot....that was the difference in the game. No one is talking about that! The Giants haven't been tested like that since.
You are right about that fluke int; it was the difference. I believe the saints will take care of business, but thier(Giants) D-line is the srongest point of thier team. It just sets the atmosphere for great matchups... :dedhrse:

I think the game with in the game is this matchup between Strief( or bushrod if healthy ..i dont know his injury details) and osi umenyiora... this matchup may make or break the game for the saints. How will the saints Gameplan for such a dominating force at DE? Will the saints Run at him or let him free and throw screens past him? anyone hear anything on this match up?:covermyeyes:
Regardless of who's there, you'll probably see a lot of Darnell Dinkins (our best blocking TE) helping them out.

Just run right at him... he's a demon coming off the edge, but he's undersized, and Dallas laid the blueprint to defeating that defense, but its just too bad they have a bum at QB (3 INTs) or else they easily beat the Jointz.

Run right at this team, and after we punch'em in the mouth... open them up with the passing game. Their line will be too (physically) beaten to rush Drew.

I agree that it's certainly an important matchup for both teams, but remember, we face Julius Peppers and John Abraham twice a year; the coaches know how to game plan for good pass rushers.
I think the more important issue is that across the line they have good pass rushers, so sending someone to help out with Osi might leave Tuck or someone else on the line with an advantage. This should be a really exciting game.

I don't think the Saints suffer too much from a good edge rusher. A strong middle rush is what has hurt us in the past. Drew can usually get the ball out before the edge rush catches up. All Bushrod has to do is slow him down.

Are the Giants strong up the middle? I think so. I don't think their line has any weaknesses.

Regardless of who's there, you'll probably see a lot of Darnell Dinkins (our best blocking TE) helping them out.

All good points. If Bushrod is back he'll be playing his butt off like Drew told him to against the Eagles and Payton will be using formations to protect Drew to be sure. We have our own advantages in great blockers like Shockey, Evans and Bush has been doing well blocking too, not to mention when they put Strief in there as a TE.

I'm going to be watching the line this game like I've never watched it before. Man, I wish it was Sunday already!

Man, I love it when this site actually talks football strategy and display knowlege of the game. I believe we are going to see alot of double TE sets with Shockey chip blocking and then making plays between the numbers. I also see Bush have a major role in demanding coverages thus opening thing up for other players.I don't think the Bush will be effective in the Screen plays because they expect that. I beleive when Bush in covered by a linebacker he should have several 8 to 15 yard gains with a chance to take one to the house with some good blocking. Screen plays should be effective if the Gaint choose to rush however they often get enough pressure with thier front four. Thier secondary is limping due to injuries which should give our recievers a fair chance at making some big plays. Brees gets the ball out so quickly I think we are going to invite them to rush so leave some single coverages aviable. My biggest concern is the offensive line holding up we have some guys dealing with knee and ankle injuries which hampers linemen from gaining leverage point advantages not to mention having adequate lateral movement. In 24 1/2 hours we will begin to see how this is going to played out.

Last edited:
Screen em to death. That just may force them to stay back a bit and not over commit as much. Besides that, load up the strong side to compensate. Also, run right at it.

If the Saints main form of combat is the screen, the Giants will dominate.

I think Osi dominates.

Beside his first game when he had a sack fumble returned for a TD, Osi has had a very quiet games against below par competition. I don't think he's going to turn into superman on this particular game but I do respect what he brings to the table. I see him forcing Brees to hurry his tempo and dump the ball a few times, but I don't see him dominationg the game in any fashion.

i think both justin tuck and kiwi will outperform osi on sunday tbh. osi is one of those guys that dominates the bums

i think both justin tuck and kiwi will outperform osi on sunday tbh. osi is one of those guys that dominates the bums

So what are you trying to say? You just said Osi would dominate the Saints, then you said Osi only dominates bums, but we don't have any of those, so...

Bushrod will probably play because he is listed as probable. I expect to see Strief and Darnell Dinkins both lined up as TE's on that side a good bit of the game. On passing downs if Strief nor Dinkins are lined on on the left side, look for chip blocking from Heath Evans.

That is what Payton has been doing all season to off set have a backup at the 2nd most important position on the offensive side of the field.

good point.

This matchup and the Steve Smith and Greer, and our LB's against two very good RB's are the big ones to watch from a Saints perspective. These s/b the ones to fear and if we can win 2 out 3 of those, we can win. If we lose 2 or more of these, uh oh.

Osi, Kiwi, and Tuck are individually no better than Trent Cole or Aaron Schobel neither of which dominated our young tackles. They won sometimes to be sure, but were not game-changers. Brees simply doesn't hold the ball.

Now we could debate whether this slowed our O down or not as we had to keep a back or TE in to help. Also, there will be two very good rushers coming on each down rather than only one to keep track of.

I think Giants' fans are in for a surprise when they don't see their D impacting the opposing O anywhere near as much as it usually does.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom