OSI vs. Saints LT (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I think the game with in the game is this matchup between Strief( or bushrod if healthy ..i dont know his injury details) and osi umenyiora... this matchup may make or break the game for the saints. How will the saints Gameplan for such a dominating force at DE? Will the saints Run at him or let him free and throw screens past him? anyone hear anything on this match up?:covermyeyes:

I agree that it's certainly an important matchup for both teams, but remember, we face Julius Peppers and John Abraham twice a year; the coaches know how to game plan for good pass rushers.
I think the more important issue is that across the line they have good pass rushers, so sending someone to help out with Osi might leave Tuck or someone else on the line with an advantage. This should be a really exciting game.

This seems to be an issue every week...how does ______ DE matchup against our backup LT. While I don't think we have had stellar play from the position, I have seen much worse thoughout the league. I have no doubt Sean Payton knows how to manage it. Brees does a great job with quick thinking, great pocket presence and footwork to neutralize any possible linemen mismatch IMO. Plus, our o-line has done a great job in the run blocking department which also helps. Worstcase, we keep a TE in to block. I'm not too worried.

My guess is Bushrod will be back. This will be the best defensive line we've faced this year, and pressure can come from any of the Giants' front four. I'm sure Payton will not want to use max protect for the majority of pass plays because that will limit Brees' receiving options. It'll be interesting to see how the game develops and what Payton will do to counter the Giants' rush. Obviously, a strong rushing attack will help, but I think Brees has to have a good game for us to win this one.

My guess is Bushrod will be back. This will be the best defensive line we've faced this year, and pressure can come from any of the Giants' front four. I'm sure Payton will not want to use max protect for the majority of pass plays because that will limit Brees' receiving options. It'll be interesting to see how the game develops and what Payton will do to counter the Giants' rush. Obviously, a strong rushing attack will help, but I think Brees has to have a good game for us to win this one.

If Bushrod and Strief are both available, we may also see some of the "jumbo" formation where Strief lines up at TE. On the other hand, couldn't we see some of the quick 3-step passing game out of the 4 receiver or empty sets if Lance Moore is all the way healthy? Just ruminating.

Just run right at him... he's a demon coming off the edge, but he's undersized, and Dallas laid the blueprint to defeating that defense, but its just too bad they have a bum at QB (3 INTs) or else they easily beat the Jointz.

Run right at this team, and after we punch'em in the mouth... open them up with the passing game. Their line will be too (physically) beaten to rush Drew.

3 step drops

pretty simple easy formula for combating a relentless pass rush

we might see a lot of YAC this weekend by the Saints :9:

Is it just me but it feels like that playoff "atmosphere" for this game already! Man this season is shaping up to be awesome and I'm loving every minute of it on my PC!!
/sarcasm

This match-up definitely favors the Giants in a big way.
Hopefully this is where Reggie Bush comes in handy and some quick release by Drew.
No doubt though, Drew is getting hit this weekend, hopefully without the ball in his hand.

This match-up definitely favors the Giants in a big way.
Hopefully this is where Reggie Bush comes in handy and some quick release by Drew.
No doubt though, Drew is getting hit this weekend, hopefully without the ball in his hand.

I agree this matchup favors the Giants. Hopefully they can hold up without help. Remember the Buffalo game...they had to keep Shockey in to help block. That means one less player in the pass patterns.

I don't think the Saints suffer too much from a good edge rusher. A strong middle rush is what has hurt us in the past. Drew can usually get the ball out before the edge rush catches up. All Bushrod has to do is slow him down.

Are the Giants strong up the middle? I think so. I don't think their line has any weaknesses.

Just run right at him... he's a demon coming off the edge, but he's undersized, and Dallas laid the blueprint to defeating that defense, but its just too bad they have a bum at QB (3 INTs) or else they easily beat the Jointz.

Run right at this team, and after we punch'em in the mouth... open them up with the passing game. Their line will be too (physically) beaten to rush Drew.

:plus-un2::9:

Anyone who watched the Dallas game had to come away thinking that Dallas beat themselves...especially with that fluke interception that went off of Witten's foot....that was the difference in the game. No one is talking about that! The Giants haven't been tested like that since.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom