OT FAs still available (1 Viewer)

We'll sign at LT. Payton?Loomis don't draft for need. They will have that covered prior to the draft. The question is with who?

the main difference with the previous years is the total lack of cap room. The saints flat out dont have the room to do much outside of the draft and have quite a few needs to fill.

I also have an issue with anyone saying that a team wouldnt draft for need, that is a consideration in every draft room, saints just weigh it less than some other teams, doesnt mean they just ordered the draftable players 1 thru 420 and work down that board

I really think Brown and Harris will battle for the LT spot, with Streif and Marcel Jones as the starter and top backup at RT. "Danger" Will Robinson will also be a depth OT as well, and we'll draft a guy in the mid rounds to develop. Fingers crossed its Jordan Mills.

I really think Brown and Harris will battle for the LT spot, with Streif and Marcel Jones as the starter and top backup at RT. "Danger" Will Robinson will also be a depth OT as well, and we'll draft a guy in the mid rounds to develop. Fingers crossed its Jordan Mills.

You have us keeping 6 tackles on the roster.

We will barely keep 4 at best.

You have us keeping 6 tackles on the roster.

We will barely keep 4 at best.

In TC, yes. If we go young on the left side, then I think we'll carry a starter and another LT on the roster as a reserve. I think Marcel Jones will be cross-trained at both OT and G (if he can stay healthy) and Robinson could land back on the PS.

People are going to be mad when we don't spend a lot of money on a LT.

I could be wrong, but I suspect the job is Charles Brown's to lose. I suspect we will bring in a cheap veteran to challenge him, but it's also possible that we may go with the guys we have on the roster and take a Tackle at some point if the draft if the right one falls to us.

And, honestly, I don't have a major issue with that. Brown, other than one terrible game against Long, has played well when he has played. Yes, he has had health issues, but I suspect his health issues his first year was just a way to red shirt him without him taking up a roster spot and really any player can get hurt at anytime. So, although I could be wrong, I think the plan really is to go with Brown unless a cheap vet comes in and beats him out or unless one of the top tackles happens to fall to us in an early round of the draft.

Great post and my thoughts exactly IMO. I'm not going to say that LT isn't an issue, but it's not as bad as people are making it out to be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom