OT FAs still available (1 Viewer)

Jake Long is still available too... It's been rumored for two days now that he'll sign with the Rams, but there is nothing official yet!

Vollmer played left tackle in college and also early in his NFL career when Matt Light got injured. Saints need to make him our #1 free agent target right now.

I would love to have Jake Long. I definitely do not trust Charles Brown at LT. Not too crazy about a rookie protecting our franchises backside either.

He and Winston Justice could be nice consolation prizes if we couldnt bring in Vollmer or Smith.

Winston Justice!?!? NO WAY MAN! Justice would be the 2nd coming of Darryl "turnstile" Terrell! I'd rather name Bryce Harris the starting LT right now than pay Justice!

I don't believe Charles Brown or Bryce Harris are the answer either but we have defensive priorities and we have a history of letting tackles go and not signing anyone to replace them. Bryce Harris played well at LT before he got injured and Charles Brown was a disaster at RT but has been proclaimed as a much better LT. Its not like we have a gaping hole at LT either, we have the same thing as we had last year, serviceable players. We draft a LT late simply because neither Brown nor Harris have shown an ability to stay healthy so we will need depth.

It really doesn't matter if we draft a LT in the first because if their name isn't Johnson, Fisher or Joeckel at some point or another they are going to need help just like Bushrod and we will be in the same position as this past season.

Vollmer played left tackle in college and also early in his NFL career when Matt Light got injured. Saints need to make him our #1 free agent target right now.

Vollmer would be a great "get" for us! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'd love to be yellin "kick his *** Sea-bass!"

Wasn't Vollmer originally a RT that switched to LT? Either way, he's graded pretty well wherever he's played. The only knock against him has been health.

Seeing that LT wasn't our first priority in FA, it tells me we either have Bushrods replacement on the roster or we will draft one.

People are going to be mad when we don't spend a lot of money on a LT.

I could be wrong, but I suspect the job is Charles Brown's to lose. I suspect we will bring in a cheap veteran to challenge him, but it's also possible that we may go with the guys we have on the roster and take a Tackle at some point if the draft if the right one falls to us.

And, honestly, I don't have a major issue with that. Brown, other than one terrible game against Long, has played well when he has played. Yes, he has had health issues, but I suspect his health issues his first year was just a way to red shirt him without him taking up a roster spot and really any player can get hurt at anytime. So, although I could be wrong, I think the plan really is to go with Brown unless a cheap vet comes in and beats him out or unless one of the top tackles happens to fall to us in an early round of the draft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom