OT: Jameis Winston was absolute savage from the pocket in college..... Who wins fantasy matchup between 2019 LSU vs 2013 Florida State? (1 Viewer)

who you taking in this matchup

• 2019 LSU

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • 2013 Florida State

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Too close to call

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont care

Votes: 14 25.0%

• Total voters
Tough to compare teams that far apart in years. The college landscape changed a good bit in those 6 years. BUT, if you're going to compare them, you have to compare resume's.

2019 LSU beat 2019 Bama. Not sure 2013 FSU could've beat 2019 Bama.

2013 FSU beat (6) top 25 teams. (3) of those were top 10 teams.
2019 LSU beat (7) top 25 teams. All of them were top 10 teams. (4) of them were top 5 teams. (top 4 actually)

2013 FSU won 14 games, but barely beat Auburn in the Championship 34-31. (2013 LSU beat Auburn 35-21 earlier that season)
2019 LSU won the equivalent of 3 playoff games. I don't see any way you don't call playing Bama anything other than a playoff game.
LSU won the two official playoff games by a combined score of 105-53.

The only teams that made LSU work were back to back Auburn and Alabama... maybe you could add Texas early in the year before LSU realized their potential.
2013 FSU only had one team make them work... Auburn in the championship. (this could be a mark for FSU if you want it to... or it could mean that FSU had somewhat of an easy schedule)

With 2019 pulling off a perfect season against what is touted as one of the toughest schedules in college football history, and FSU doing the same albeit against lesser competition, I don't think anyone can make a legitimate case for 2013 FSU. That being said, there's no such real thing as an all-time greatest team in college football. Greatest program? I don't think anyone can argue against modern Alabama except maybe old Bear Bryant Alabama. The college game is 90% recruiting and Saban literally gets whoever he wants year after year after year.

Just my personal opinion having watched the SEC my whole life... I honestly believe the 2019 LSU team "could've" beaten any Bama team in the modern era.
I can't say the same for 2013 FSU. Some of them? Yes. But all of them? No. Not even sure 2013 FSU would've made it out of an SEC schedule that year undefeated.

Jameis Winston

VS.

Joe Burrow

I dunno who wins but FSU's defense when they were locked in was freaking scary that year

You know who else was good in college? Danny Wuerffel and Heath Shuler.

Tough to compare teams that far apart in years. The college landscape changed a good bit in those 6 years. BUT, if you're going to compare them, you have to compare resume's.

2019 LSU beat 2019 Bama. Not sure 2013 FSU could've beat 2019 Bama.

2013 FSU beat (6) top 25 teams. (3) of those were top 10 teams.
2019 LSU beat (7) top 25 teams. All of them were top 10 teams. (4) of them were top 5 teams. (top 4 actually)

2013 FSU won 14 games, but barely beat Auburn in the Championship 34-31. (2013 LSU beat Auburn 35-21 earlier that season)
2019 LSU won the equivalent of 3 playoff games. I don't see any way you don't call playing Bama anything other than a playoff game.
LSU won the two official playoff games by a combined score of 105-53.

The only teams that made LSU work were back to back Auburn and Alabama... maybe you could add Texas early in the year before LSU realized their potential.
2013 FSU only had one team make them work... Auburn in the championship. (this could be a mark for FSU if you want it to... or it could mean that FSU had somewhat of an easy schedule)

With 2019 pulling off a perfect season against what is touted as one of the toughest schedules in college football history, and FSU doing the same albeit against lesser competition, I don't think anyone can make a legitimate case for 2013 FSU. That being said, there's no such real thing as an all-time greatest team in college football. Greatest program? I don't think anyone can argue against modern Alabama except maybe old Bear Bryant Alabama. The college game is 90% recruiting and Saban literally gets whoever he wants year after year after year.

Just my personal opinion having watched the SEC my whole life... I honestly believe the 2019 LSU team "could've" beaten any Bama team in the modern era.
I can't say the same for 2013 FSU. Some of them? Yes. But all of them? No. Not even sure 2013 FSU would've made it out of an SEC schedule that year undefeated.
2019 Auburn beat Alabama and I'm not talking because Tua was hurt and it was a defensive barnburner. We dropped 48 points on them. 2013 FSU would have put up numbers against them easily. Crazy enough, with Alabama turning into a high powered offense, their defense has actually suffered.

But I digress. The beauty of football is it is a game of any given Saturday. Who knows what would happen if these teams could meet. It really isn't as cut and dry and we would all like to think.

FSU had 1 challenging team all year

Lsu had the most top 5 team wins in college football history

It's not. ..... even........viably.... close

lsu looked great in 2019 no question about it. But i still think if winston is the starter in 2012. That fsu team would have beat the 2019 lsu team. Just too much defensive talent too overcome. The drop off from ej manuel to winston is HUGE. This is why i agree with the take of 2019 lsu beating the 2013 team. People forget that the 2013 fsu team started the year ranked 11th. They lost a lot of defensive starters from the previous year. Winston was a redshirt freshman in 2013, and from all the practice reports he was much better than ej manuel in 2012( jimbo just chose to stick with ej)

Winston was by far and away the best qb in college football at converting 3rd downs in 2013, a trait which has translated to the nfl

You know who else was good in college? Danny Wuerffel and Heath Shuler.

what are their nfl stats

winston is the youngest pro bowler in nfl history

only qb in league history to start his career with back to back 4k passing seasons

had the 2nd most passing yards and the 2nd most passing tds by any age 25 qb in nfl history

youngest member of the 5100 passing club

2019 Auburn beat Alabama and I'm not talking because Tua was hurt and it was a defensive barnburner. We dropped 48 points on them. 2013 FSU would have put up numbers against them easily. Crazy enough, with Alabama turning into a high powered offense, their defense has actually suffered.

But I digress. The beauty of football is it is a game of any given Saturday. Who knows what would happen if these teams could meet. It really isn't as cut and dry and we would all like to think.

When talking about football, "who'd have beaten who?"... I think you gotta split it up. I think 2019 LSU would've beaten 2013 FSU 7 out of 10 times early in the year. 8 out of 10 times at the end of the year.

By the same standard, I think 2019 LSU would've only beaten 2019 Alabama 6 out of 10 times. Auburn 7 out of 10 times the same year. No doubt the 2019 Tigers were extremely special and rare, but playing king of the hill in college football is never cut and dry.

what are their nfl stats

only qb in league history to start his career with back to back 4k passing seasons

had the 2nd most passing yards and the 2nd most passing tds by any age 25 qb in nfl history

Mrs. Winston?...

what are their nfl stats

What do you want out of this conversation? You ask a question about the college game, but now you want to throw out pro stats. Can't have it both ways, my friend. And I say this as someone who's backed Jameis winning the starting role from the beginning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom