OTL: on goodell this morning (1 Viewer)

bobdar

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Hargrove and Earl Heyman identified Ayodelle as the person saying "Give me my money."

Hargrove lost 401k and pension and reporter expects him to file a lawsuit.

Tagliabue said Goodell was the victim of Bountygate. :spit:

Reporter relayed a story about how Goodell was talking to a coach and his lawyer about discipline and the lawyer said "cut me client a break, he hasn't been in trouble in 20 years of coaching", Goodell stood up got red in the face told the lawyer "Don't tell me what to do" and left.

Not a word of that surprises me. One of the most poorly-managed "investigations" and punishments in the history of the NFL. Lucky us we had the sage-like leadership of Roger Goodell to shepherd us through this trying time, or else a less-compassionate commissioner might have REALLY punished us in a way that could be perceived as unfair by outsiders and fans alike.

Reporter relayed a story about how Goodell was talking to a coach and his lawyer about discipline and the lawyer said "cut me client a break, he hasn't been in trouble in 20 years of coaching", Goodell stood up got red in the face told the lawyer "Don't tell me what to do" and left.

Seems to me Goodell was the victim of his own making.

I wanted to throw my controller at the TV when the dude said Goodell was also a victim in Bountygate. Really bruh?

He said Rog was the victim due to all the appealing the players were doing.

#gtfoh

I wanted to throw my controller at the TV when the dude said Goodell was also a victim in Bountygate. Really bruh?

He said Rog was the victim due to all the appealing the players were doing.

#gtfoh

Technically he said that Paul Tagliabue said that, so your anger was misdirected and you would have ruined your TV.

But yeah, Roger Goodell was the victim in that whole situation...in the same sense that Japan was the victim of Pearl Harbor.

Sometimes, after you throw a punch, you get kicked in the teeth.

That's rich. A man with that much power is never a victim. A man with that much power also has more to lose, but that doesn't make him a victim.

Hence the parable "To whom much has been given, much will be expected" and the FDR quote "Today we have learned in the agony of war that great power involves great responsibility."

He said Rog was the victim due to all the appealing the players were doing
Wonder how he feels about democracy in general?

Technically he said that Paul Tagliabue said that, so your anger was misdirected and you would have ruined your TV.

But yeah, Roger Goodell was the victim in that whole situation...in the same sense that Japan was the victim of Pearl Harbor.

Two great lines and both made me laugh out loud

Right......G'dell is the victim the same way a rapist is the victim when the girl grabs a pencil and jabs it into his eye. smhatfoia (shaking my head at the fallacy of it all)

I keep pointing out the irony that Remi Ayodele was signed by the Vikings after that.

Bountygate refuses to die, just as the case against O.J. Simpson refuses to die. Some people do not believe that justice was done in either case, regardless of what you believe about O.J.'s guilt or innocence (so let's not turn this into another O.J. thread--it's just an analogy). By contrast I am quite sure that the NFL's investigation was a slipshod rush to judgment with a hidden agenda.

Indeed, this OTL program shows that a major part of the complaint against the Saints was mismanaged. Where was voice recognition technology or at least a voice recognition expert in this matter? That's what I thought.

Yeah... whoever said it needs to be slapped... repeatedly.

well the guy that said he was a victim currently works on the legal team of the NFL. Go figure what a farce the Tags hearing was.

Huh_.jpg

Ive gotta move on. Yea, I will be super ****** once again when I see who is on the board where our 2nd pick would have been but then that is it. Except whenever I see Goodell on TV but .....

He really should just step down.. How does that guy cash in his $30 million and be able to look at himself in the mirror or a child in the face.. He is just so awful. He honestly is the worst thing to happen to the nfl that I can ever remember

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom