OTL: on goodell this morning (1 Viewer)

He drives his solid gold car to the bank and uses a diamond crusted wheelbarrow to bring the cash back to the car.

Well, I hate to say it, but I'd be willing to be "victimized" like Goodell. I ain't proud.

Tags' reputation has taken quite a hit to me due to his role in this mess. His refusal to criticize the NFL's handling of the case as it related to the coaches and the team was a cowardly act. Now he claims Goodell was a victim? That's patently absurd. His review of the case was totally damage control dictated by the interests of the NFL. What a tool!

Tags is a part of this concussion cover up. They were happening on his watch. Now he's a lawyer for the NFL.

The NFL gives out big checks and nice retirement benefits .

I keep pointing out the irony that Remi Ayodele was signed by the Vikings after that.

Bountygate refuses to die, just as the case against O.J. Simpson refuses to die. Some people do not believe that justice was done in either case, regardless of what you believe about O.J.'s guilt or innocence (so let's not turn this into another O.J. thread--it's just an analogy). By contrast I am quite sure that the NFL's investigation was a slipshod rush to judgment with a hidden agenda.

Indeed, this OTL program shows that a major part of the complaint against the Saints was mismanaged. Where was voice recognition technology or at least a voice recognition expert in this matter? That's what I thought.

I wish someone with video capabilities would post the hit on Favre. Mcray got pushed low and to the outside. He curled around and had Favre by the lower legs. Remi broke free up the middle and could have obliterated Favre. But Remi pulled-up even even holding his arms back.

Goodell is just a Bone headed accountant that wants to be thought of as a tough football player, LOL never.

I keep pointing out the irony that Remi Ayodele was signed by the Vikings after that.

Bountygate refuses to die, just as the case against O.J. Simpson refuses to die. Some people do not believe that justice was done in either case, regardless of what you believe about O.J.'s guilt or innocence (so let's not turn this into another O.J. thread--it's just an analogy). By contrast I am quite sure that the NFL's investigation was a slipshod rush to judgment with a hidden agenda.

Indeed, this OTL program shows that a major part of the complaint against the Saints was mismanaged. Where was voice recognition technology or at least a voice recognition expert in this matter? That's what I thought.

Or common sense SINCE HE DIDNT MAKE THE TACKLE

Wow man.... Stuff is getting real. Ayodele responded:

"OMG just heard about Hargrove on outside the line ***** REALLY kid u that broke?? I'm the reason u missed a whole year?? ... get real kid ur done I said NOTHING nobody on the team did I'm still trying to figure out this bounty what's he talking bout?"

"Hey Hargrove if you need a job hit me up on my Facebook, Instagram, or my twitter lol I'm hiring right now as we speak ... Next time you play football for 8 years put a Lil money up for a rainy day.. But as we can tell you did NOT.,"

"All I remember from that year was playing for a great defensive coordinator, play hard hard football, winning NFC Championship, ... And winning a Super Bowl for the New Orleans best year of my Damn life!! Hey Hargrove get real kid..."
Remi Ayodele fires back at Anthony Hargrove's claim stemming from New Orleans Saints bounty scandal | NOLA.com

One of the comments on the article suggests that someone overdubbed the voice. Intriguing if fanciful theory, but it should be checked out in my view. It would be worth the effort because it would be rich if someone in the NFL tampered with the tape. Of course, the NFL doesn't seem to be very forthcoming with its "evidence."

Am I the only one that can't stand listening to Robert Craft when he's talking about goodell? In general, I just can't stand Robert craft, I think he's very full of himself. JMHO

To me this looks more & more that the Saints fate was decided at a much higher level than Goodell's level. Goodell is not so bright, which makes me believe that an owner, possibly more than one owner was behind Goodell to discipline the Saints. Their main objective was to separate Brees from Sean Payton, so the Saints won't have the coach and QB together for the year. They succeeded, and the result was a 7&9 season.

Things will never be the same from hereon out. I don't know if the chemistry will be the same. I think the Saints will still be a good team, but not a championship caliber team. They will be struggling to retain good players, they must be watching over their shoulders from now on to not being labeled or called dirty, and that will have its own adverse effect. If we look at the defense alone, they are the ones who felt the brunt of the suspensions, so they might as well start a total reconstruction. The good thing is, the Saints FO has already started the rebuilding process, when Sean Payton decided to change scheme, and slowly start parting ways with the veterans on the team. I fully expect W Smith, Vilma and Harper to be cut this year.....Greer will probably should also be cut.

And with all that, the brunt of the Saints SB defense is terminated. New players, new DC, and probably the only 2 holdovers on D will be Joe Vitt, and B Johnson. Keeping these veterans around will linger into the future, and it will be a detriment to the defense on some level.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom