Ouch that loss hurt (3 Viewers)

That puts the nail in our coffin. Time to look forward to the draft. Our Quarterback is a big choker when everything is on the line. He is overrated. Our coach is garbage and our team is garbage. I hope you guys win it all.
It happens to all teams. Back to the work.

This guy… Can a mod bring the hammer please? I’m tired of seeing this garbage on the site. I’ve seen this ruse before and I distinctly remember a Packer fan bringing the whole “woe is me” passive aggressive threads some years ago.

Probably the same poster and he needs help. What’s worse is our fans offering sincerity and encouragement cause that’s how we are.

The phrase was rooted in sarcasm. Look it up.
I misunderstood your post - thought you were saying I COULD CARE LESS was from sarcasm. It doesnt matter where the original phrase came from tho: satire, sarcasm, law school, the streets, etc. It is a certain way for a reason and removing the negative word changes the entire meaning of the phrase.

BREAK A LEG is a sarcastic statement but changing it to DO NOT BREAK A LEG or BREAK AN EGG would change it to a point where it doesnt make sense.

Does OP like to talk NFL history? I am sure many of us could engage with him in discussion on Packers teams of the past. Most Packers fans I've encountered on other forums, usually can give you a run down of teams they thought could've competed for a SB if not for some bad luck in the playoffs or they bring up players from the past.

Here's one from me; the 1997 SB loss erased a lot of great players who are only known by mostly GB fans today. If they get that second ring, Holmgren and LeRoy Butler probably go into the Hall of Fame (and maybe Holmgren also stays in GB?). Robert Brooks and Antonio Freeman would also be remembered more fondly.

No, I never saw "NFL History" from him............he showed up last year and was all full of self-pity about the Packers after the Rodgers injury..........and kept praising (to the point of seeming nauseatingly-fake) the Saints and the fans on this forum. The vibe I got was that he was using over-the-top ***-kissing under the guise of major respect ........with the intent to annoy.

Of course there were many who didn't see through it............"you're welcome here anytime, man !", etc...

I'm hoping for a 4-11-1 season for us. Let's just tank. This team is awful. Soon were about to be cellar dwellers anyway once Rodgers retires.

I'm hoping for a 4-11-1 season for us. Let's just tank. This team is awful. Soon were about to be cellar dwellers anyway once Rodgers retires.
Okay... you're right. It's time for you to switch to the NHL and get fired up for the NFL draft next spring. Or... instead of wearing your grocery bag here, you can paint yours yellow and cut a bunch of holes in it to resemble cheese and sit in the Lambeau seats trying to get the attention of the TV cameras to present your case to a national audience next Sunday night.
:idee-puis-non:
Seems like that would get your point across much better and may even get your QB and head coach canned for a whole new regime in Green Bay. Naaaaaaah... it's a lot easier to just do that here. :jpshakehead:

I misunderstood your post - thought you were saying I COULD CARE LESS was from sarcasm. It doesnt matter where the original phrase came from tho: satire, sarcasm, law school, the streets, etc. It is a certain way for a reason and removing the negative word changes the entire meaning of the phrase.

BREAK A LEG is a sarcastic statement but changing it to DO NOT BREAK A LEG or BREAK AN EGG would change it to a point where it doesnt make sense.

I normally would feel bad about thread jacking, but this thread (besides this topic of conversation) is terrible.

I used to be the guy that would get all bent out of shape when I heard someone say "I could care less", because obviously, it is literally opposite of the intended meaning. Then I was told by someone pretty smart that the origination of the phrase was intended to be sarcastic (remember when in the 80s when "bad" meant good?) and not meant to be taken literally. Now we hear it both ways, and the non-literal way bothers people who tend to think very logically or require greater organization in their lives...whereas your emotionally driven or adventure seeking types will sway more towards the sarcastic version. Not trying to draw anyone in a box, but this is generally how it gets broken down. *for more info on those personality types, please google "four lenses".

So these days, I just refrain from using either phrase because A) it isn't the right way with every target audience, so you are opening yourself to criticism and B) it's generally an unproductive snarky response which is often better replaced with something of a higher discourse.

Our QBs time is done too. He is injury prone and always chokes when the game is on the line. No more excuses for him.

Arodgers you are damn right, that eagles conference championship viking beatdown really hit the spot. Still a lot of football left this season,nothing is certain with six or seven games remaining for the packers or the saints.

I have never seen a QB leave a clean pocket so much in my entire life.... I get it... his "thing" is to extend the play and create downfield opportunities.... that.... in addition to his crazy arm talent.... is what really makes him special... but he had wide open check downs all night that would have kept drives alive and he just kept leaving the pocket and looking deep (all else be damned)....

I think Rodgers is a great QB.... but what makes him great.... sometimes also is his biggest fault.

Still don't want to play the Packers (talented and dangerous team). Good luck on the rest of the season Packers Fans.

PS - DeVonte Adams is All-Pro this year IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom