Our 14th ranked Defense (1 Viewer)

Oh my. Rankings and statistics. But how will the constant haters continue hate?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Wait, what?

Huh. Go figure. Funny that at the same time, more people are starting to reference our points per game woes.

And they'll do it again for today, even though one of those TDs wasn't on our defense at all.

Saints have played seven games. Most teams have played eight.
Posted via Mobile Device

Our defense is ranked 14th in total yards allowed :9:

2016 NFL Team Total Stats - National Football League - ESPN

Also, we are in the middle of the pack with rushing and passing

(granted, some games still need to be played tonight and tomorrow, but its nice to see us picking up steam!)

Where do we rank in points allowed (I'll give you a hint: we are last)? Because at the end of the day total yards mean nothing when it comes to winning or losing a game.

Ranked 29th in yards per game....not quite as impressive.
Well I truly hope the OP realized that and was trying to make the most of a bad situation.

On a bright note, the Saints defense has now allowed 17 points or less in 3 of its 7 games (when you take out the offensive pick 6s, block fg returns for a TD, and fumble returns for a TD).

Giants 9
Chiefs 17 (didn't count fg after onside kick at the end of the game)
Seahawks 13

We've given up 342.5 YPG over the last two games, which would be good for 10th place if it were our average for the season. The 23.5 PPG mark would be good for 20th.

They don't look like world-beaters, but they seem to be playing their best since 2013. I'm really hoping Breaux and Rankins will further improve the D.

Yea, when you look at it per game - we're near the bottom. More importantly - dead last in ppg. I've never figured out why they use yardage to rate defense. You don't win for having more yards than the other team - you win by having more points.

If our defense was average we'd probably be 6-1 right now.

I also want to point out that the offense has surrendered two touchdowns over that span, which means the defense has really given up 16.5 PPG the last two games. As a season average, that would be good for 6th best. :9:

Lololol. I loved the thread but was wondering how we rose so quickly.......got me.

But hey.....we used to be 31st or 32nd, right? If we keep rising in the rankings from week to week, a couple of spots at a time, I'm cool with that.

Lololol. I loved the thread but was wondering how we rose so quickly.......got me.

But hey.....we used to be 31st or 32nd, right? If we keep rising in the rankings from week to week, a couple of spots at a time, I'm cool with that.

We were 29th heading into today. Looking at ESPN, they haven't updated team stats yet. Some sites (like PFR) don't update until Tuesday. We'll see where we're at later tonight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom