Our best realistic mock (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Well, here is my go with my own mock. I will give the Top 10, followed by the Saints picks for the rest of the draft. With us trading for Vilma, resigning Sim, and now inking Morgan, to join Fujita and Shanle I think our team is happy with our lb corps and will look elsewhere in the draft. Thats why now LB's drafted by us in our mock.

1.) Miami - Chris Long DE, Virginia
2.) St. Louis – Jake Long T, Michigan
3.) Atlanta - Matt Ryan QB, BC
4.) Oakland – Glen Dorsey DT, LSU
5.) Kansas City – Sed Ellis DT, USC
6.) New York Jets – Darren McFadden RB, Arkansas
7.) New England – Vernon Gholston DE/OLB, Ohio St.
8.) Baltimore – Leodis McKelvin CB, Troy
9.) Cincinnati – Derrick Harvey DE, Florida

1st Round – Dominique Rogers-Cromartie CB, Tenn St.: Don’t be surprised if we go offense here. Clady could be the pick as Payton values good linemen. I’m going to say we draft the corner because we have been neglecting this position for a while. Even if McKenzie comes back, he is getting older and Cromartie would be the perfect eventual replacement. With the Gay signing, DRC would not be called on to start right away, and would be eased into the NFL after playing against sub-par talent in college.

2nd Round – Trevor Laws DT, Notre Dame: Ideally, if some miracle happens and we end up with Dorsey or Ellis in round 1 would be the perfect scenario. Laws wouldn’t be that bad of a fall back option. Laws plays with a non-stop motor and is a high character guy. DT is a need for us as we need to protect our new LB investment (Vilma). Reminds me of a younger version of Bryant Young.

3rd Round – Brad Cottom TE, Tennessee: Its no secret that we are looking to do something with TE. We missed out on Troupe and I think we will resign Miller. Cottom is massive with some wheels. He is 6-8 270 and runs in the 4.75 range. He would be the perfect rec/block TE we have been searcing for.

4th Round – No Pick, Traded to Jets. With so many of the QB’s grading out with 2nd round grades, it would be interesting to see if one of the teams searcing for a signal caller would be tempted to move up for Brohom, Flacco, and Henne. A team such as Chicago could be willing to move up several spots to get the QB they really want and we could recoup a fourth rounder. He we could get another 4th rounder, I would like to see our club go back to the DT well and nab Ahtyba Rubin DT out of Iowa St. He is a big guy who excels against the run and occupy’s blockers. With Hollis getting older, it would be good to have this HOG sub in for him and free Vilma to roam and deystroy!

5th Round – John Sullivan C, Notre Dame: no that is not a typo…I would love for us to draft another Sullivan with the same first name as one of the biggest draft busts in Saints history. With Faine swimming across the gulf to Tampa, Sullivan would be the perfect backup to Goodwin. He has all the intangibles you want from a center. Smart and a good leader.

6th Round – Matt Flynn QB, LSU: this guy is a leader, has a decent arm, and can move around the pocket a bit. He would be perfect to groom behind Brees. I think he is a better project than what we have now.

7th Round – Jamie Silva S, Boston College: this guy was all over the place last year for BC. He has good hands (8 picks last year) and can hit (125 tackles last year). He is versatile as he can play both free and strong safety. He is a special teams demon that excels in kick coverage. Think Steve Gleason with better safety skills. He even reminds me of him with his long hair.

I've seen alot of places having Cromartie to the Patriots.

Was the 4th rounder this year? If it's a conditional pick, doesn't it depend on Vilma's performance? I think that pick is next year.

I agree about Matt Flynn. We do have a 4th pick this year. Some guy posted it from a website that is very official Cottam wont be there in the 3rd but i hope he is. Silva will be a 5-6 round pick. But if it turned out like this :wow: i would be quite satisfied

Was the 4th rounder this year? If it's a conditional pick, doesn't it depend on Vilma's performance? I think that pick is next year.

From what I understand it is a 4th this year and a conditional 4-3 next year, but there have been a 1,000,000 different reports of the details that I could be way off.

The Raiders won't pick a DT because they have 2 already under monster contracts.

5th Round – John Sullivan C, Notre Dame: no that is not a typo…I would love for us to draft another Sullivan with the same first name as one of the biggest draft busts in Saints history. With Faine swimming across the gulf to Tampa, Sullivan would be the perfect backup to Goodwin. He has all the intangibles you want from a center. Smart and a good leader.

Have you happen to see any Notre Dame games this last year (I watched the majority of them as my wife is grad)? Normally you dont notice the Center but this guy was just awful, and not just his run and pass blocking which were lacking.... 6 to 10 turnovers were directly attributed to his inability to snap the ball correctly. And you cant blame it on their crappy QBs or not having a rhythem with the QB carousel. As a senior starting leader of the O-Line you should be able to make adjustments and he was pittiful. Some of these terrible snaps were in shotgun formats and he would one skip it to the QB or put it ten feet over his head. I can remember watching the games and thinking that Center is probably the worst Center I've ever seen play. Watching him play was like seeing the Monday night Philly game were the Giants abused Winston Justice....at a point you just wished they'd pull him out....

If you think the original Sully was bad then this guy is a nightmare....

I like it but I am still holding out hope that we will take a run at Lito

I love the first two picks. I don't know if Laws falls to the 2nd. I think Saints should go LB in the third. Flynn I haven't seen projected before the 7th round, so picking him in the 6th might be a bit of a stretch.

(LB) traded (for a conditional 2009 4th-round pick)

If Trev Laws reminds you of Brian Young, DONT PICK HIM. Please tell me what Young has done in the last three years except be inactive for most of last year. To much talk about high motor guys. How many sacks does he have lifetime for the Saints. He's another of Haslett's players that is still hanging around. Cut bait and move on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom