Our Biggest Problem (other than turnovers)...IMHO (1 Viewer)

For starters, I think Sean Payton's playcalling is effective beyond question. There is no way we could move the ball like we do without his brilliant playcalling.

The coach doesn't fumble the ball, and the coach doesn't throw interceptions. I here people arguments in favor of Deuce and Reggie not getting enough carries.

And this is argument brings about our #1 problem.

I'm fine with Deuce's carries, and I'm fine with Reggies carries, I just think that we get to cute in the Red Zone.

Teams Like KC and SD hide no cards when they get to the red zone. They may throw one or two passes, but for the most part, they pound the ball with their great backs and make you stop them.

No matter Reggie or Deuce, I think we need to pound the ball more in the Red Zone. We have over 100 million Dollars invested in the running back position, we should start showing teams why.

Reggie has been doing a much better job running down hill, and we all know what Deuce can do. We probably would put more points on the board if we played more smashmouth football in the redzone.

Thoughts????????????

Here's mine:

I think we're losing for a very simple reason.....we are MAKING TOO MANY TURNOVERS! consequently we can't keep up with the opposition in scoring!.....now that is the main reason we're losing now-days!

But the argument can go way beyond this statement.....we can't keep up with the scoring of our opposition, cause we can't seem to stop ANYBODY!....TODAY we saw how our secondary got beaten mercilessly, and our offense played the almost whole game from behind......and when we were tied for a period of time, we committed turnovers, and carelessly gave up opportunity upon opportunity to get ahead on the scoreboard!

If we want to win games, we MUST STOP TURNING THE BALL OVER!...but that is easier said than done, and our players after a whole week of practice did exactly that, came out and produced another lousy performance, by turning the ball over 5 times AGAIN! ......so the real question is...how can we stop turning the ball over?

Look at the STEELERS......their players ARE THE W CHAMPS, and it took them a huge EMOTIONAL OUTBURST to change their collective behaviour!......word is, some of the players were IN TEARS prior their game against us.......AND APARENTLY that moved the whole team to such a disposition, that they themselves managed to play in such a high EMOTIONAL LEVEL, that THEY OVERCAME their mistakes......and in the end they won their game, thus they managed to turn things around!

Our players are in need of such a TURNAROUND!.....their lack of concentration eats deep into the psyche of the team, and right now I see this as the BIGGEST FIGHT in the new coaches tenure!....If he loses this fight, he will quickly become the second Haslet, and his team will soon have a negative turnaround, and they might start looking for the next coach.......OR, he will bring his young team out of this mess STARTING THIS OFFSEASON by bringing in better players, who are CAPABLE to play at a much higher level, especially at the CB position, while DEMANDING ACCOUNTABILITY from his star players, like Reggie Bush, D Henderson and T Copper, who collectively are screwing the team by committing untimely BLUNDERS!!

You dont pass between the twenties sprinkling a run here and there and effectivle pound it in the red zone. There has to be balance. Its not like this is a new concept, everyone knows you gotta have a consitent run game. I see everyone saying we move the ball just fine and thats true, but if you dont develop a running rythm your not gonna just turn it on later. Wether or not we agree on the importance of running I doubt there is anyone who thinks that you dont just pound the rock when you have the lead. You do this till they prove they can stop you. simple fundementals

im still happy with this team, not the past 2 weeks but still happy. one thing i would like to see more and i cant tell you the numbers either way.
i have seen on numerous occasions this season, while having first and goal, i have seen bush in on the first two downs running the ball/
now dont get me wrong i love bush, and i am so grateful he is here, he will light it up. but please come on, deuce has got to be in there running the ball with no question. he will carry guys for an extra 3-5 yds alot. bush is just not big enough like that

the only problem with this team is turnovers. stop them and they win games.

NFL TEAM RUSHING

#26 New Orleans 95.8 yds/game

Coach Payton does a heck of a job disguising the fact that we're very one dimensional thus far on offense. That said, I still think we can get the tough yards when needed. We're just not going to pound the ball effectively all day long.
This, to me, is the biggest concern of this team. Championship teams have to be able to RUN the ball EFFECTIVELY.

Paytons playcalling in the redzone is getting worse and worse as the weeks go by. The 3 stuffs a the 5 yard line were not as much the line fault as the playcalling. The formation and the players on the field made the saints predictable. Why use Bush and Deuce outside the redzone but once in the redzone they change the strategy. The fake to Bush then run by Deuce works almost everytime but its never used in the redzone anymore.

As for the 3rd down stuff, Jammal had a DL linemen stright ahead of him and the DE off his left shoulder. The oL straight ahead of Jammal dove into the gap before Jammal could take a step. had jammal cut the OL off the DE would have had a free shot at Deuce.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom