Our biggest weakness + possible trap game (1 Viewer)

Crawdaddys

Thank You SAINTS!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So far, the biggest weakness I've seen with our D has been defending the Wildcat. While we haven't given up any big plays against it, we haven't exactly stuffed it either......

Which brings me to my main point: looking ahead at the schedule, we have the potential for a MAJOR trap game. After we beat the Giants to move to 5-0, and before we host our fist division opponent on Monday night against the Falcons, we travel to Miami to face the almighty of the Wildcat. Really caught my eye when looking over the schedule today.

I can smell the cheese on the mouse TRAP.

Don't eat the cheese boys!

And oh yeah... I know, 1 game at a time :)

We have not gone against a team that was going to commit to the wildcat, so, conversely, we haven't commited to stopping it. Against it, we have only played base D and haven't even considered bringing a safety into the box. Miami has no QB, and will have to run the wildcat almost exclusively and I think GW might have a package to slow it down.

And please do not compare our D this year to Indy's D as an example.

"They ain't even the same ******* sport." - Jules

If I'm not mistaken, the 46 defense will blow the wildcat up. Not sure it Williams runs the 46 with the Saints but I know he's run it in the past.

We'll be fine in that game.

We have not gone against a team that was going to commit to the wildcat, so, conversely, we haven't commited to stopping it. Against it, we have only played base D and haven't even considered bringing a safety into the box. Miami has no QB, and will have to run the wildcat almost exclusively and I think GW might have a package to slow it down.

And please do not compare our D this year to Indy's D as an example.

"They ain't even the same ******* sport." - Jules

Not overlooking anyone on our schedule, I am sure that GW has the perfect package planned for the Miami Dolphins. The Saints will not need nine in the box. We will not be able to play that style of defense the whole game against the Dolphins. Not saying that we won't play nine, but I am sure there will be plays that we'll play nine and cover 0 too. Chad Henne can indeed stretch the field. We must respect Ted Ginn's ability to run downfield in a hurry. Eventough he drops a lot of balls, you don't want to play roulette on the chance of him catching a couple of bombs on us. With the recent improved play of Sed Ellis, we are going to need him and the other DT's to have great games inside to help Vilma stuff that wildcat.

Miami ran all over Indy.

And lost.

We're as good as Indy. I'm not the least bit worried.

get an early lead....and dictate how they call the plays

Our 3rd stringers were pretty much holding their own against most of Miami's starters. I think we'll be ok.

Miami has a swiss cheese secondary. I doubt they run the wildcat after Brees walks them a couple times.

So far, the biggest weakness I've seen with our D has been defending the Wildcat. While we haven't given up any big plays against it, we haven't exactly stuffed it either......

Which brings me to my main point: looking ahead at the schedule, we have the potential for a MAJOR trap game. After we beat the Giants to move to 5-0, and before we host our fist division opponent on Monday night against the Falcons, we travel to Miami to face the almighty of the Wildcat. Really caught my eye when looking over the schedule today.

I can smell the cheese on the mouse TRAP.

Don't eat the cheese boys!

And oh yeah... I know, 1 game at a time :)
child plz....this team is built to win it all,aint worried about any other team..the only way the saints lose is they have to beat themselves an thats comes downs to turnover battle and right now i think were +7,also it a bye week:idunno:at the end of the day they will be 4-0 after this weekend!!! enjoy what the saints have done and everyone who is scared QUIT LOOKING AHEAD your worried about something that you have no control over 2 weeks before the Giants game an some OP are worried.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom