Our chances of landing dorsey or ellis rely on 4 teams (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
If you really think about it.... we would get Dorsey or Ellis depending on Oakland, Atlanta, Kansas City, or Cincinnati

1) Atlanta: DT is a major need along with QB They have to rebuild their franchise. They way you do that is to get a franchise QB: I think Ryan will be their guy.

2) Oakland: There is a strong possibility that they are going to draft Sedrick Ellis or Glenn Dorsey. BUT they just signed Tommy Kelly to a huge DEAL . Their GM is Al Davis and they love Flashy Players. McFadden will probably be their guy

3) KC: OT is a major need. If the Rams pass on Jake Long. Which i think they will... Then KC will be glad to take Long. Ellis could be their pick but OT is a major need

4) Cincinnati: Their is a rumor that they will be switching to a 3-4 if they do i think Ellis will be their pick. He can play as a 3-4 NT because of his strength and quickness

I think if this plays out we will end up with Glenn Dorsey

Just giving my 2 cents

Is our draft success dependant on getting one of these 2 guys?

I think there is a possiblity that one of them might fall to us or close to us, but if all we are doing is figuring out ways that may happen instead of looking at the guys who could potentially be there when we chose, then we should expect a terrible draft.

Of course you also failed to consider teams that may want to move up to select either of those two players. There's plenty of additional variables.

Is our draft success dependant on getting one of these 2 guys?

I think there is a possiblity that one of them might fall to us or close to us, but if all we are doing is figuring out ways that may happen instead of looking at the guys who could potentially be there when we chose, then we should expect a terrible draft.

You must of misinterpreted the thread... I did not say our draft would be great or horrible if we got them. DT along with CB are major needs. Im just saying those are the ways we can get Dorsey or Ellis. I would be pretty damn Glad if we got DRC or any other CB. But Dt is a need and one of them would fill it.

Your right about that waymer.

And we could move up if we really like those 2. Who knows...I think that's why all of us love the draft, it's like Christmas for grown men...we want to unwrap those presents.

And we could move up if we really like those 2. Who knows...I think that's why all of us love the draft, it's like Christmas for grown men...we want to unwrap those presents.

haha yeah your right april couldnt come any slower. it needs to hurry up lol i would kill for a timemachine just to be able to come back and post a mock that will really happen in the draft. And see how people feel about it

Dorsey to ATL and Ellis to BMore... you'll live longer once you stop letting things that you can't control consume your every thought...

If you really think about it.... we would get Dorsey or Ellis depending on Oakland, Atlanta, Kansas City, or Cincinnati

And then there are five other picks in front of us that might consider (a) trading down; and (b) taking the 'best player available' which will be Dorsey or Ellis.

I'd rather not trade up for a DT, because the Sullivan experience is too fresh. I'd rather stay put and pick the best non-DE defensive player available, unless the offensive player is head and shoulders better.

If the Rams don't take Jake Long, and the Dolphins didn't take Chris Long, then the Rams would take Chris Long. Either way, the Rams are gettin' Long.

And really, us getting a DT comes down to 2 teams in my mind: Atlanta and Cincy. If neither pick a DT, we're getting one of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom