Our defense ranked #7 per SI.COM (1 Viewer)

Those look like the same stats as listed on NFL.com that also show our defense as 7th. The thing I don't understand is that it shows they gave up 27 points. They are charged for the fumble / TD?

Yes no matter which unit gives up the points it goes against the D. I think its BS but thats the way the NFL does stats.

For me, the defensive #7 ranking is pertinent because it shows we aren't a BAD defense anymore. I think it's a little too early to start saying this D is one of the best or even one of the better ones, but they aren't BAD. That's a start.

I was a little disappointed that the saints defense gave up 20 points against a building franchise...but the lions were playing spirited football. The team did snag three interceptions, which is something they had not done lately with much consistency. It is only the first week of the season and I have a feeling that the defense is just getting warmed up, but only time will tell. Lets see in a few weeks how they are holding up.

Against the Lions.

Who have Calvin Johnson, one of the best WR's in the NFL!!! And we held him in check the whole game, except for when M.Jenkins (the rook) came in a gave up a big play to him. After that Porter showed him whats up.

I was a little disappointed that the saints defense gave up 20 points against a building franchise...but the lions were playing spirited football. The team did snag three interceptions, which is something they had not done lately with much consistency. It is only the first week of the season and I have a feeling that the defense is just getting warmed up, but only time will tell. Lets see in a few weeks how they are holding up.

Nevermind.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom