Our defense ranked #7 per SI.COM (1 Viewer)

Against the Lions.

To which I'd like to add, I don't think you've seen nearly what is yet to come from this defense. I've read where several defensive players have stated they ran a fairly vanilla defense against the Lions. That's just my take on the situation though. I truly believe there's much more to come than what we saw from this defense this past Sunday.

To which I'd like to add, I don't think you've seen nearly what is yet to come from this defense. I've read where several defensive players have stated they ran a fairly vanilla defense against the Lions. That's just my take on the situation though. I truly believe there's much more to come that what we saw from this defense this past Sunday.
I don't argue that. But vanilla or not the PLAYERS still didn't play at a top ten level.

I don't argue that. But vanilla or not the PLAYERS still didn't play at a top ten level.

I'm not arguing your statement but it seems to me that you have a problem with the way one or more of the defensive players played on Sunday. I have now watched the game 4 times and I am very familiar with it. There were a few mistakes but I'm curious as to who you think did not play well and why.

I'm not arguing your statement but it seems to me that you have a problem with the way one or more of the defensive players played on Sunday. I have now watched the game 4 times and I am very familiar with it. There were a few mistakes but I'm curious as to who you think did not play well and why.
The scheme can be vanilla, but the players should go out and play fierce and I got more of a vanilla feel. I'm not saying anyone didn't play well, I just felt like they didn't play tough. Except Big Sed. He played like he wanted a hogi. May have been they were just bored and that's fine I guess, a wins a win.

Against the Lions.

We held one of the top 15 running back in the league to 25 yards, on 20 carrys. I don't care what team we played, thats is a pretty good stat. If it wasen't for the ST blunders, and the lost fumble for a TD by everyones new savior Mike Bell, the score would have been 45 to 17.

I know the Lions aren't great, but they aren't as bad as they were last year.

To which I'd like to add, I don't think you've seen nearly what is yet to come from this defense. I've read where several defensive players have stated they ran a fairly vanilla defense against the Lions. That's just my take on the situation though. I truly believe there's much more to come than what we saw from this defense this past Sunday.

Surely true. I've seen more in the open training camp practices than what I saw last Sunday.

Those look like the same stats as listed on NFL.com that also show our defense as 7th. The thing I don't understand is that it shows they gave up 27 points. They are charged for the fumble / TD?

I'm almost having flash backs of the preseason posts. "It's only the first preseason game don't get excited"...."its just preseason the starters hardly played don't get excited"....."i know it was the third game which is supposed to be the closest to the real thing but it's only preseason and it was just the Raiders don't get excited"....." "it was only the Lions don't get excited". I predict Sunday at 3:45pm "yeah our D looked good but they didn't have McNabb, Vick, Andrews...don't get excited". I WANT TO GET EXCITED!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom