Our defense ... (1 Viewer)

If the OL doesn't get better we might have to bring Carl Smith back and become a run first team

We have 2 guards that can run block. Run heavy will help pass protection. If the defense can keep the score low the offense should be able to take enough shots in the passing game to win.

Panthers led the league in scoring with an OL made up of a DL and cast offs nobody else wanted.

We should lock Fairley up ASAP for at least 4 years !!!

Am I mistaken that the contract we signed Fairley to makes it hard for us to resign him after the season? Doesn't he automatically become a FA before we can resign him or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I mistaken that the contract we signed Fairley to makes it hard for us to resign him after the season? Doesn't he automatically become a FA before we can resign him or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think so. I think in February his contract voids and then any team - including the saints - can sign him.

some people I think forget we also didn't have Snead or Cooks on offense. Having your top two receivers out isn't ideal...yeah, I know, that doesn't solve the line issues, but it helps having more experienced receivers on the field to throw to.

If the OL doesn't get better we might have to bring Carl Smith back and become a run first team

We have 2 guards that can run block. Run heavy will help pass protection. If the defense can keep the score low the offense should be able to take enough shots in the passing game to win.

Panthers led the league in scoring with an OL made up of a DL and cast offs nobody else wanted.

A Carl Smith reference!

Man, what an offensive mastermind he was.
First down, run up the gut.
Second down, run up the gut.
Third and long, run up the gut, they'll never see it coming!!!
Punt.

we will see when they have to cover all day against maybe the best WR group in the NFL next week. Big Ben is hard to bring down and holds the ball all day

Saints need to extend Fairley now. I think O-Line will be fine. They need to settle on the five starters and let them jell during preseason. Although, I wouldn't mind if they went out and traded or sign a guard. I believe the guard from Denver is still available.

Good post. Defense is way improved.

I know we're all upset about the Texans game right now, but we really shouldn't be. The defense is respectable for the first time in a long time.

Look out NFL. Yeah our guards suck - so what. We have Drew Brees and Sean Payton. We'll find a way to score 30 points. And for the first time in a long time - you won't.

Very Nice.

Good post. Defense is way improved.

I know we're all upset about the Texans game right now, but we really shouldn't be. The defense is respectable for the first time in a long time.

Look out NFL. Yeah our guards suck - so what. We have Drew Brees and Sean Payton. We'll find a way to score 30 points. And for the first time in a long time - you won't.

We had the same issues in 2013. Defense played amazing and held teams to around 17 points. Our offense had o-line issues and we struggled to put up points that lead to a few losses.

If we have a year like 2013 however I will count it as a huge success and feel like that's where we are headed. Hopefully playoffs with a chance.

I may be wrong but I counted 9 defensive penalties in the first two preseason games last year against 1 defensive penalties in the first two this year.

Offense (including Oline) will be fine. This happens every preseason. We aren't scheming against a certain defense. We have the same bad o line as last year and finished as the 2nd best offense in the league in terms of ypg. Once real games come around, we will use many different blocking schemes to help out the guards and our best lineman will actually be playing (Armstead). If anything, our offense should be better with the weapons we've added.

The way I see it, if we have a top 20 defense, we are a playoff team

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

we were 6-2 last year when he played. definitely a difference maker.

Right!!!

I mean it's really hard to say that one guy makes THAT big of a difference. But I'll go out on a limb and say he does. Everyone just seems to play better when he's out there. So glad we traded for him. Please stay healthy, I think he will be a PB player if he does.

Right!!!

I mean it's really hard to say that one guy makes THAT big of a difference. But I'll go out on a limb and say he does. Everyone just seems to play better when he's out there. So glad we traded for him. Please stay healthy, I think he will be a PB player if he does.

I believe saints won that trade. Stills for ellerbe ,a 3rd, and payed part of ellerbes salary

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom