Our defense ... (1 Viewer)

DEUCERICKBOY02

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I'm going put a positive thread up. Our defense is legit imo and wil be no worse than a top 15 defense. Breaux handled Hopkins most of the night pj had one hiccup but figured everything after that. Let's not forget crawley and Harris. Fairley was a beast and once Rankins is back that will be an awesome one two punch. Davison is a beast and we finally have lbs that can cover. Saints are building a dominate squad that will only get better imo

Good post. Defense is way improved.

I know we're all upset about the Texans game right now, but we really shouldn't be. The defense is respectable for the first time in a long time.

Look out NFL. Yeah our guards suck - so what. We have Drew Brees and Sean Payton. We'll find a way to score 30 points. And for the first time in a long time - you won't.

I like the young talent a lot. Along with the key veterans we'll be much improved. I only wish the offense wasn't on the down swing while the defense is on the upswing. It would be great to be good on both sides for once.

I like the direction the defense is headed and the vision of the defensive line is showing. The linebackers being more traditional in nsture are performing well and iur secondary is healthy, young and talented.

I don't trust the CBs after Breaux

They played very well, outside of that 1 TD given up by PJ. He didn't turn his head around. Two drives later, he fixed his error and gets the INT in the ends one.

Defense had 2 takeaways last night. The INT by PJ, and the pack wards pass we recovered. On that play, the defense had disrupted the play pretty well.

Crawley should've also had an INT that might've gone the distance. I think he saw that and took his eye off the ball.

They played very well, outside of that 1 TD given up by PJ. He didn't turn his head around. Two drives later, he fixed his error and gets the INT in the ends one.

Defense had 2 takeaways last night. The INT by PJ, and the pack wards pass we recovered. On that play, the defense had disrupted the play pretty well.

Crawley should've also had an INT that might've gone the distance. I think he saw that and took his eye off the ball.

Agreed

PJ will be legit

I'm excited about Nick Fairley. Dude has been penetrating and blowing plays up. He will make Davidson & Rankins better. Nothing helps an outside pass rush like serious inside pressure.

Just look at the last play of the Texans first series and the 1st play of their next after the fumble. Look at the Texans pocket with only 4 rushing! Oh My! Love it. Edebali was held on the 3rd down play and then Nick beats a double team for a sack on the 1st play of the next series after the fumble! Great series.

Attachments

• 3rd down 1st series.jpg
    3rd down 1st series.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 51
  • sack.jpg
    sack.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 55
Good to see the positive. I think LB core is as solid as it has been for years. They look lim they know the game plan and position themselves properly.

The worst thing about the defense last night was how it's going to suck having pay Fairley $8m a year after he blows up this season.

Another point to make is that the pressure has been consistent from game to game. And it's not been just Cam or Fairley or Davidson or Rankins or Edebali its been all of them. I'd be concerned if just one guy was showing up consistently but that hasn't been the case so far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom