Our first-ever win over Denver, in 1988 (1 Viewer)

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I’ve been in the mood this week to find these old games :)

In 1988, Elway’s Broncos came to town tied for first in the AFC West. The Saints held a two-game lead in the NFC West. In a nutty twist of fate (and blown opportunities), neither team made the playoffs that year — but not before the Saints offense played maybe their best game of the entire Jim Mora era and shut out the Broncos 42-0.

Hebert finished the day with Brees-like numbers in terms of completion percentage. Mayes ran for over 100 yards and the Dome Patrol did what it did pretty much every week. Enjoy!

I remember that game.

Have we beaten the Broncos since? I’m pretty sure going back to the Haslett era, it’s been goose eggs.

Yep. Only other win over Denver was in 1994, in a throwaway kind of game at season’s end. Nothing but losses since then. The refs get credit for the 2016 loss, not so much the Broncos!

I remember that game.

Have we beaten the Broncos since? I’m pretty sure going back to the Haslett era, it’s been goose eggs.
The Saints won in Denver in 1994 maybe?
Torrence Small went off in that game, got a huge contract and was never heard from again
Lol

November 20th, I’ll never forget. I was supposed to go to this game for my 12th birthday but my mom thought the Saints would lose and ruin my birthday so they sold the tickets.

She had better have bought you an NES for Christmas to make up for that, unless you already owned one. In that case, she could've at least bought you Super Mario Bros. 2.

This was my pre-season ticket days. A friend of mine got some tickets in the Plaza section. I remember chanting "Elway" in the 4th quarter.

This game perfectly demonstrate how much everything was predicated on the running game.

---

So Sean Payton has never beaten the Broncos. Hoping that changes this time around. We need a statement win with a huge Bucs loss going into their bye week. Arians can blame TB for losing during their bye. :D

I have a visual recollection of being various places and watching the Saints defeat 30 other teams in the NFL (although for some weird reason, I have a clearer recollection of the 2004 win over Kansas City than the 2008 win).

The Broncos are the one team I've never witnessed the Saints defeat. That needs to change tomorrow.

Lol I actually went to this game as a kid. I stayed at a friend's house the night before and he is a huge Broncos and Elway fan. His dad had tickets to the game and they took me along cause his mom didn't go the game.

His dad and brothers are huge Saints fans and boy did we give it to him on the ride home, lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom