Our monster year in 2011, we started 0-1, and... (1 Viewer)

LOL. it's funny cause it's true.

the other thing people don't remember about 2011 is they were only 5-3 at the halfway point, and didn't look too pretty doing it. Last 8 games of that season put an entirely different spin on things.

Moral of the story, it's a long season, gotta be patient because you never know when a team is going to get on a roll.

I thought we were 4-2 and lost a game to go 4-3 and then never looked back? Am I wrong?

The top 4 corners from a year ago are not playing. Breaux, Keenan Lewis, Swann, and Kyle Wilson are all hurt or no longer with the team. The team's decision to replace them with a bunch of rookies is a big reason why we lost today. We need players with experience. Should've kept Finnegan. He's not great, but is heaps better than Harris and Crawley.

I have been posting this in all the negative threads trying to help people snap out of it... You did a far more superior job sir... Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not 2011. Saints win five games at best.
When you score 30points or netter and defense still cant stop a offense means less wins for a team. Saints defense is still horrible.

When you score 30points or netter and defense still cant stop a offense means less wins for a team. Saints defense is still horrible.

5dimes.eu

Go make some money then.

We actually had a decent defense in 2011 though. We were on our way to having a decent defense till Breaux got injured. I don't have much hope for the rest of the season after losing that game the way we did. I already said that if we win week 1, we'll have a good season. If we don't it'll be another 7-9 season. So we'll see

Five years is an eternity in football, so to compare two seasons five years apart -- even symbolically, is not really an effective way to raise spirits.

Basically, there are, what -- six players from that squad still on our team? Brees, Evans, Strief, Harper, Morestead and Ingram.

To echo some other's sentiments -- even if we are looking at this comparison as a "you never know" exercise:

We were at home, against a team that, while explosive, is not the 2011 Packers. We blew a 4th quarter lead, in the 2011 opener, we scrapped back from a 14-0 deficit to within a yard of a potential tying score.

Our once promising secondary has had three projected starters lost to injury.

We have the Giants on the road next week with a healthy Cruz and OBJ. Not to mention the Falcons the following week without our Julio Jones neutralizer Breaux.

I'm taking a patient, low expectation approach to things going forward, but there is almost nothing about this squad that reminds me of 2011 aside from Brees being a ridiculous passing machine.

Five years is an eternity in football, so to compare two seasons five years apart -- even symbolically, is not really an effective way to raise spirits.

Basically, there are, what -- six players from that squad still on our team? Brees, Evans, Strief, Harper, Morestead and Ingram.

To echo some other's sentiments -- even if we are looking at this comparison as a "you never know" exercise:

We were at home, against a team that, while explosive, is not the 2011 Packers. We blew a 4th quarter lead, in the 2011 opener, we scrapped back from a 14-0 deficit to within a yard of a potential tying score.

Our once promising secondary has had three projected starters lost to injury.

We have the Giants on the road next week with a healthy Cruz and OBJ. Not to mention the Falcons the following week without our Julio Jones neutralizer Breaux.

I'm taking a patient, low expectation approach to things going forward, but there is almost nothing about this squad that reminds me of 2011 aside from Brees being a ridiculous passing machine.

Fair enough; excellent points... each one.

The Defense will not cross examine. :cool:

:gosaints:

We gave up 42 points on opening day.

To the defending world champions. Not a bottom dweller Oakland team who'll be lucky to finish 500. Can't even remember the last time they won a game east of the Mississippi.

The 2011 team is what has given us poor defenses to date. Greg Williams ran good defenses but he got a little over aggressive and quite frankly lost us a Super Bowl by going blitz crazy in SF (who knew them because they saw them in the preseason) the bounty stuff plays in all of this has made SP over involved on defensive play calling and game plans it has never been the same since. Even Gibbs had decent defenses nothing special; and I believe we were better on defense because SP stayed out of the process. Now he is all over it he needs to trust them to do their jobs

I have a bill ready.

Proceeds headed to SR.

What say you?

Only difference is that in 2011 we had a half way respectable defense. This 2016 unit looks like they picked up where they left off from 2015. Might even be worse than 2015. When 34 points isn't enough to beat the ******* Raiders you are in for a long season.

The raiders ain't the same raiders as before.

If Breaux doesn't get injured this board would be talking superbowl lol. Funny how things work out

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom