Our new DC (1 Viewer)

I wonder if Crennel might be brought in as a consultant with Mangini as an assistant, Greg Jackson as the DB coach and say Jim Tomsula as the DC?

:scratch:

I wonder if Crennel might be brought in as a consultant with Mangini as an assistant, Greg Jackson as the DB coach and say Jim Tomsula as the DC?

:scratch:

As a consultant, he may be able to get paid and not have it taken from chiefs money. Butch Davis had something similar in Tampa Bay this year. But depends on how contract written

As a consultant, he may be able to get paid and not have it taken from chiefs money. Butch Davis had something similar in Tampa Bay this year. But depends on how contract written

Yeah Loomis could work something out.

Dude is 65 and getting paid millions for the next 2 years to sit at home doing nothing. Lets get a young guy in here the players will rally around. At first I loved the though of getting Romeo but I honestly didn't think he was that old. And if we are only looking for a DC for 1 or 2 seasons then maybe he is still the guy.

Is it at all possible that we are in talks with the Chiefs FO to see if we can work some kind of deal that substantially decreases what they have to pay Crennel, and in return they agree to trade Derrick Johnson, or switch draft picks???

Is that totally out of the realm of possible??

Man, Cronnell is in a great position. All he has to do is coach 2 more years and retire very nicely. And if we land him, we can offer to pay him corn chips and he may still come just for a chance to get 2 more superbowls under his belt. At this point, it aint about money, but championships

Is it at all possible that we are in talks with the Chiefs FO to see if we can work some kind of deal that substantially decreases what they have to pay Crennel, and in return they agree to trade Derrick Johnson, or switch draft picks???

Is that totally out of the realm of possible??

I think the Raiders/Bucs trade of Gruden ended those deals.

With all the interest in Crennel I just watched this Chiefs Draft press conference from last year, just to get a vague idea of the guy. Call it research! He seems a very young 65 to me and still full of enthusiasm.

Here's the video:

Draft - Q&A with Romeo Crennel - YouTube

Man, Cronnell is in a great position. All he has to do is coach 2 more years and retire very nicely. And if we land him, we can offer to pay him corn chips and he may still come just for a chance to get 2 more superbowls under his belt. At this point, it aint about money, but championships

Corn chips? Come on, the man is worth at least Chee-wees.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom