Our new DC (1 Viewer)

whodat4life84

Very Banned
Reaction score
Ok, call me stupid...but why would Romeo come to us and coach when he's getting $7mil/yr to do nothing for the next two years? And he'd be making a substantial fraction of that even if we paid him very well. I think we should definitely go after Todd Grantham from UGA. Especially if we're looking at drafting a few of their defensive players (just a small benefit). They'd feel comfortable in the system quicker.

To win another SB.

If I'm not mistaken, if he takes a job for less money, KC'S has to pay him the difference.

To win another SB.

If I'm not mistaken, if he takes a job for less money, KC'S has to pay him the difference.

Correct according to Florio's article yesterday. Anything he earns while still getting paid by KC will simply reduce what KC is responsible for.

To win another SB.

Oh really? I didn't know that, guess it makes sense then lol. I figured he wouldn't get any of it if he decided to coach another team.

they offer to pay him $1 each of the next two years when he is guaranteed money from the chiefs, and guarantee 5mil on the third year or something, payment for each year guaranteed as he finishes each one. for his third year or when ever he leaves. not sure if you can do this ,but he would still get his money at some time.

He'd still be working for free.

Maybe he enjoys being a NFL coach? Those guys aren't roofing houses or working in IT support. They're competitive people who, for the most part, enjoy the grind. I'm sure most - if not all - NFL coaches and players would rather take the money and work than take the money and sit.

they offer to pay him $1 each of the next two years when he is guaranteed money from the chiefs, and guarantee 5mil on the third year or something, payment for each year guaranteed as he finishes each one. for his third year or when ever he leaves. not sure if you can do this ,but he would still get his money at some time.

I bet the league would reject that deal, imagine the uproar from the other owners.

LOL Saints should offer him $100 for the first two years and then pay him a nice contract for the years after. Payback for beating us!

Also, he is driven and highly competitive. That's why he's one of the best at what he does. If he wants another opportunity to be a HC, he needs to stay in the spotlight.

Yeah, these guys are the ultimate workaholics. I don't think some one could handle the life of an NFL coach unless they love the life.

Romeo has already been fired from two HC jobs, so many around the league will view him as a career coordinator, greatly reducing his chances of landing another HC job any time soon. That said, New Orleans would be a really attractive spot for him. A stable, offensive minded HC that wins and really only asks his defense to be average is hard to come by in this league. Plus I like the idea of bringing Romeo in because I think we won't need to bring in another guy before CSP's new extension expires. He could be our Kiffin or Lebeouf.

Ok, call me stupid...but why would Romeo come to us and coach when he's getting $7mil/yr to do nothing for the next two years? And he'd be making a substantial fraction of that even if we paid him very well. I think we should definitely go after Todd Grantham from UGA. Especially if we're looking at drafting a few of their defensive players (just a small benefit). They'd feel comfortable in the system quicker.
I think he still gets the money. If the Saints pay him $1 million, KC only has to pay $6 million, I think. Anyway, do you really think he does what he does at his age for the money?

I think the saints are holding off in hopes of getting to interview some of the niners defensive staff

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom