our no 2 wide reciever (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
darrell jackson was just released by the 49ers. i think he would be a good fit next to colston on the outside with meachem in the slot. he also dont miss alot of passes. thoughts?

He's about as good as Henderson in my opinion. Had a bad, bad year last year

Worse in a lot of ways. There's at least a theoretical upside to Devery, even if we are getting pretty impatient waiting on it :hihi: Jackson is finished. I remember a lot of people being incredibly critical of our front office for not trading a 4th rounder for him.

He had 7 drops last year and only caught 46 passes. He's not a good downfield blocker, gives up on balls in the air, doesn't like to go over the middle, etc. I don't know, I'd rather stick with David Patten/Robert Meachem. Meachem has a lot of upside and at least we know what we have in Patten.

Meachem will be our #2, and will be awesome. I promise you this.

i watched alot of darrel jackson last year and he is by far the most overrated ,burned out bum on the 49ers. He drops everything and doesnt even try half the time.Dilfer looked like more of a player than jackson.Brees would make DJ a little more productive , but all in alll, I think his career is just about over.

Patten should definatlely be the number two until Meachem shows he can actually get on the field. I thought Patten was absolutely fantastic last year and was an intergral part of the offenses success.

In fact I think we should have gone to patten more, and this would have took some of the pressure of of colston and henderson.

The most important thing IMO is to get an athletic playmaking tight end to free up the coverage on the WR's and open up the deep middle and outside. I think we should draft a TE in the second or third round. I believe we are pretty set a WR and should stay away from disaction Jackson!

Worse in a lot of ways. There's at least a theoretical upside to Devery, even if we are getting pretty impatient waiting on it :hihi: Jackson is finished. I remember a lot of people being incredibly critical of our front office for not trading a 4th rounder for him.

Not only is he finished, but he never really started. Even in his "prime", he led the league in drops and being a maddeningly inconsistant player. No way a guy who gets cut from the worst passing offense in the NFL should ever be considered for our team.

If you remember Patten has terrible ball control with YAC. I really hope Meech comes along and takes the spot away from him in camp.

If Jackson got released by the Whiners, I think we should just leave him alone. We have all the help we need at wide out.

i think he is exactly what we need. he did pretty good for hasselbeck when he was his number 1 reciever. plus please tell me who his qb was in frisco? alex smith, who is the worst starting qb in the league,. that may be why he had one down year and all of a sudden hes horrible. let me guess randy moss was washed up when he was in oakland and look what happened to him when he actually played with a qb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom