Our offense has become hard to watch... (1 Viewer)

Those 15 play drives are the kind that break the other team's spirit. They also help the defense. Dont get me wrong I would take a long scoring play too, but that's not the only way to win

Agreed, but damn, every now and again it would be nice to see somebody bust one for 50-60 yards...that is not too much to ask...I believe Hill's score last night was our longest rushing touchdown of the season...

Slow, plodding, no explosive plays (dead last in the league in 50 yard + plays)...when you play like this, you have to be perfect for 15 play drives to matriculate the ball downfield to score...hard to do in the NFL...I'm sure I'll be a "bad fan" for saying this, but you know I'm right...
Win by any means necessary. Ever heard of that?

I think most of it has to do with 2 factors:

1) Multiple dropped passes, if our WR's and TE would have made the catches they should have we win by 2 maybe 3 scores...
2) The left side of our offensive line (Peat and Armstead) were in street clothes, I believe SP called a more conservative game than usual because of it...on most pass plays Brees was getting rid of the ball very quickly....

.it seems there is always something not working well for this team, tonight it was drops....

I'll take it though, win against a divisional opponent on the road to clinch the division in November is a great thing....but this team does have to play better and get some guys healthy going forward....

Well the concern from last night was that in the 2nd half there weren't any 12-15 play drives. They were going on 3 play drives mostly, and not the good kind.

The Defense came away with 3 turnovers to let the Offense start on Atlanta's side of the field, and they only came away with 2 field goals and a punt. 6 points off 3 takeaways just won't cut it against playoff quality teams.

Those 15 play drives are the kind that break the other team's spirit. They also help the defense. Dont get me wrong I would take a long scoring play too, but that's not the only way to win
What you say is true but you also have to have some big plays to put a lil fear in the defense and keep them from squatting on EVERYTHING and it also puts a lot of pressure on the offense to be perfect. A holding call and good chance the drive is over.

You can’t live on big plays but you also can’t expect long drives on every posession.

Having said all that, ppl forget the left side of the line is out. Getting the ball out quick is great to avoid sacks and take pressure off the online but it eliminates big plays in many cases and you don’t scan the field for a better opportunity.

We had two drops that were guaranteed TDs in the endzone. Those drops were rather rare. Plus MT dropped a first down pass uncharacteristically. We were clearly off and still won the game on the road against a divisional opponent that for some reason gives us fits.

If the special teams could figure out onside kick mechanics the game isn't even close. Taysom Hill and Lutz went off!!

What you say is true but you also have to have some big plays to put a lil fear in the defense and keep them from squatting on EVERYTHING and it also puts a lot of pressure on the offense to be perfect. A holding call and good chance the drive is over.

You can’t live on big plays but you also can’t expect long drives on every posession.

Having said all that, ppl forget the left side of the line is out. Getting the ball out quick is great to avoid sacks and take pressure off the online but it eliminates big plays in many cases and you don’t scan the field for a better opportunity.
Brees would have connected on a big 30 yard play on a Go route to Cook on the right sideline. The throw was perfect, and Cook won the route but for whatever reason he just slowed up , stopped running through the route and missed it...

That's kind of been the story of the season with regards to splash plays when ever there's an opportunity for one it's either dropped or the receiver doesn't make a play on the ball

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom