Our offense without Mike (1 Viewer)

I think we need to get Kamara and Tay Train going in the run game to get the linebackers and safeties to bite on play action and open up the seams for Cook. Sanders can fill in for Thomas on the underneath routes. I see both Harris and Taysom getting more involved in the offense now, and Payton getting more creative. He seems to rise to the occasion with some of his best game plans whenever a key player is missing in the offense, like when Brees went out 5 games last year. The Raiders' linebackers aren't anywhere near as good as Tampa's; I think Cooks will feast on them. Payton and the Boys in Black and Gold got this.

Never underestimate Sean Payton's ability to adapt. He's the type of guy that is going to take this personally and see it as a challenge. Last season everyone was writing us off without Drew but SP did some of his best coaching of his career while Drew was out. He kept his team motivated and found a way to win the game.

Losing the best WR in football is never a blessing in disguise but without MT there as a crutch, SP is going to have to spread the ball around and figure how to win without him. Necessity is the mother of invention and we have a pretty solid inventor.

Do the Raiders play a 3-4 or a 4-3? Saints are primarily 4-3, so they wouldn't practice as much against a 3-4.

If we didn’t have Sanders I would really be worried. I would like to see a strong running game with Murray & AK which should open things up for the WR’s and TE’s.

I could see us run the ball a little more and spread the ball around. More snaps for TQS, he really needs to step up here. And maybe get to see Fowler get a few plays. You can bet SP will have a real good game plan for the offense, after saying how bad he called the game against the Bucs.

Ironically, the Saints play even better without stars.

Why? Simple. The coaching team adapts. They find out what are the strengths and play it. With stars, it's just going to them, regardless of the opponent. That's why we won 5 games with Teddy and those games were marvelous from the coaching standpoint.

I really think Taysom was limited as a weapon in game one because we’ve kept him in the QB room and let him focus on being a QB.

That changes this week. Until MT gets back, he needs to go back to his slash role. I expect a lot of him vs Vegas.

We're in strange waters as we'll be without our primary WR for the first time in years. In the past we were known as the type of offense that will spread the ball around. Do you see us going back to that, or will that mean more touches for Cook, Kamara & eventually Sanders?

Line up AK as a WR and have LM be the back.
Or lotsa screen passes to AK/ Ty Mont
A TD ( or 2 ?!?? ) for the Swiss army knife
Lutz Will knock in about 3 FG

Saints 23
Raiders 19

Line up AK as a WR and have LM be the back.
Or lotsa screen passes to AK/ Ty Mont
A TD ( or 2 ?!?? ) for the Swiss army knife
Lutz Will knock in about 3 FG

Saints 23
Raiders 19
Hopefully it works

Offense will be fine. Jared Cook is Brees best receiving threat right now. Sanders is a fine fill in for MT as WR1. Kamara can play more in the slot. Taysom and Harris can also get a few more touches. Few teams have playmakers like do.

Do the Raiders play a 3-4 or a 4-3? Saints are primarily 4-3, so they wouldn't practice as much against a 3-4.
Scout team plays the role of whatever offense/defense the team will be facing that week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom