Our OL can't do this zone blocking, can we find something they can do? (1 Viewer)

Thing is you can usually find players that can do either pass block or run block well, rarely do you find both. To be good at one requires a bit of a different skill set and mindset to do the other. We have a top 5 offense every year based on Brees and the passing attack. Our run game has always been used just enough to keep defenses honest and chew time at the end of a game. It's never been ment to be a strength of a team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You asked:

Armstead came from Ark Pine-Bluff, a friends son played with him there. They ran a spread offense, actually, I think they ran a no-huddle spread offense, and that's what we drafted Terron Armstead from. We brought him into the NFL, and changed the way he plays...

Lelito comes from Grand Valley State, where they run No-Huddle Spread with four WR, throwing bombs, bc the QB bring the defense up. They always have a QB that can scat, and it makes it difficult for the defense...the OL has an easy job.

Zach Strief comes from Northwestern, a place that says they pioneered the spread offense with more success than most: Schell Game: MANBALL, The 2013 NU Offensive Attack | Lake The Posts | Northwestern Football and Basketball Blog He is a big guy, and even his cookbook is named "When you are biggest guy on the team". guy that big needs to move, get a little momentum going. It's why many big OL like run blocking better than pass blocking. Spread offense helps them...not to mention the QB, on the move helps them, makes life easier

Max Unger came from Oregon. Come on now, do we even need to discuss that? Hell, his coach is in the NFL right now innovating it to bring the Spread, full time, to San Francisco...with much anticipation. Now, I don't care for Chip, and hope he fails, but, I am curious to see if he will have the anticipated success in the NFL that he had in College and in Philly.

Peat is about the only one that we have drafted, or got undrafted (I know we have more, but trying to let you see), coming from Stanford, that ran formations somewhat opposite of a spread. But, even there, he played with Luck, he got on the move often.

So, to answer your question OP, yes...there is definitely something that they all can do...quite well. We have a crop of O-Linemen that is ready and trained to run a spread offense or even a Green Bay style, where the QB rolls out more, instead of the full spread. Get them a Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers....hell...Kaepernick type guy, and you will see a different line. These guys are having trouble, and we have lost the guys that are traditional, pro-style Offensive Linemen. They have retired, moved on and signed elsewhere or whatever. You take these guys, and say, OK, now I need you to make a 5 second pocket for Brees to throw...

You may as well ask them to tie their dominant hand behind their back next game.
If Drew would just sit during the pledge

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom