Our picks on the Dallas Draft Board (1 Viewer)

St. Patrick

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So, Jerry Jones goofed and did an interview in the draft room where the board was visible behind him. A Website has reconstructed their entire draft board, and I thought it would be interesting to see where they had our players ranked. The Cowboys had 18 players with 1st round grades, 22 with 2nd, 28 3rd, 21 4th, 28 5th, 8 6th, and 7 7th.

1. Kenny Vaccaro - 1st round grade
3. Terron Armstead - not on board
3. John Jenkins, DT- not on board
5. Kenny Stills, WR- 4th round grade
6. Rufus Johnson, DE- not on board

I'm not that surprised that Armstead and Johnson are off their board, given their small school pedigree, but I expected to see Jenkins there. Oh well, they are the Cowboys, after all. I didn't see any of our undrafted free agents on their board, but I could have missed one.

Here's a link to the article with the full draft board:

Dallas Cowboys 2013 Draft Board Leaked: All Seven Rounds! - Blogging The Boys

hard to believe they didn't grab the #5 player on their board at a position of need when he was available and instead opted to trade down and pick up a 3rd rounder

o and makes sense on jenkins, they need quicker penetrating dts to play a 4 - 3 cover 2, he certainly isn't that

hard to believe they didn't grab the #5 player on their board at a position of need when he was available and instead opted to trade down and pick up a 3rd rounder

o and makes sense on jenkins, they need quicker penetrating dts to play a 4 - 3 cover 2, he certainly isn't that
Jerrah Jones.

Filling Al Davis' shoes.....

Here's hoping he continues the dysfunction for many years to come.

Wow! What a horrible organization. I don't see how they make another Super Bowl with Jerry Jones as the GM.

Every teams draft board will look different I am sure. No two draft boards will be 100% identical.

Great find. Really enjoy getting insight into how others teams do it.

This is me laughing at their picks:

tumblr_inline_mgr5zdPcya1ruz8y9.gif

I hate the Cowboys.

Their board isn't that laughable. Do the posters here expect the Cowboys to go after the 3-4 suited players the Saints went after? They did switch to 4-3 a "Tampa 2" one at that.

Jenkins and Arm stead weren't even on their board? WOW

I'd love to see the pats board, but that's not going to happen

I read that Jenkins was not on their board due to Monte Kiffin's preference for D Tackles to be thinner/quicker. Makes sense that they would not have a player on the board that wouldn't work in the scheme.

3. Terron Armstead - not on board
3. John Jenkins, DT- not on board
6. Rufus Johnson, DE- not on board

Great find!

These guys may not have been on the board, but perhaps that's because the board was not reconstructed in full. Maybe one or two of them was there but was not in sight.

Jenkins wasn't on their board, because he's a 3-4 NT. They are moving to Monte Kiffin's 4-3. They want smaller, quicker DTs. It doesn't mean that they don't think that he's worth an early round pick. It just means that he doesn't fit their team. They also were avoiding players with character or injury concerns. Jarvis Jones, Alec Ogletree, Tyrunn Mathieu, Tharold Simon, et cetera were not on their board.

Jenkins does not fit the Tampa 2 system that Dallas is running under Monte Kiffin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom