Our RB's coach needs to coach Bush - he needs help (1 Viewer)

I would never have traded down. Who's to say Deuce would come back from his knee injury?

Bush seems to be a bit of a head case right now--not like a Ricky Williams head case--but a case of thinking too much when he's playing. They said early in the season he was dancing too much, and needed to hit the holes faster...then they said he's running at full speed and out running his blockers. The criticisms were fair, but this isn't something you can change by thinking harder during the play.

I still see teams protecting the edges of the field a lot lately. I don't think it makes sense at all. But if they continue to do it, Drew Brees is going to pass for 11,000 yards and Colston is going to have about 400 receptions. I look for defenses to make some changes in the way they attack the Saints. When that happens, I think Reggie will have a little easier go of things.

I was aware of Deuce's situation, but we had Steck & Bennett to take the load off. We also had that good-looking youngster. I simply calculated our priorities, was all..

Defenses or keying on Bush. plus we have played teams with great front lines.
he will have his day soon.

Bush isn't really a replacement for Deuce anyways. I'm hoping we actually go for a Brandon Jacobs type next year in the 3rd or 4th (or via FA) and plan on carrying 4 RBs next year so we have a proper replacement for both Deuce and Bush.

It's not like Deuce set the world on fire the last two games running the ball either. You can teach Bush, but teach the O Line how to run block better as well. This is a team game, right????

Agreed 100%. Run blocking is not the o-lines strength. Everytime Bush took a handoff yesterday I saw 1-2 buc players in the backfield. Its obvious by Payton's and Bush's comments the bucs were putting 8 players close to the line of scrimmage to shut down the run. Why do you think we were able to throw the ball downfield at will yesterday? Take what the defense gives you. Bush starts going up field then cuts it outside when there is nothing there. I rather him cut it outside and run out of bounds for no gain then to cut it inside and get smashed by the 3 buc players for no gain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom