Our RB's coach needs to coach Bush - he needs help (1 Viewer)

we are coming up on the hardest part of our schedule

I thought the same thing in the beginning of the season.

Steelers - Not playing good football and are overrated.
Bengals - More inconsistent then weathermen
Atlanta - Lost to Detroit! Enough said.
San Francisco - Has no receivers but a pretty good running game. No defense!
Dallas - Sucks!
Washington - same as above
NY Giants - This will be a tough game and I think will determine who's 2nd in the NFC.
Carolina - Always a tough game but it will be payback time at we're at home.

If Duece really is hurting more than we know, then it's only natural to put Bush in the game. But, if that's the case, why not use any of the other RB's also. Bush is hurt too and it appeared to me that the ankle isn't letting him cut too well as he fell down on some plays after making a cut.

Barry was Barry and Bush is similar in some ways. Bush will be much better as his career goes on.

We may wanna package Duece in that trade too.

I agree DR, in yesterday's game there were at least two occasions where Reggie just flat out missed the reads and could have had two really great runs but went the wrong way. I think the frustration is beginning to show. I really hope he gets it figured out in the next couple weeks so that we're stronger going into the playoffs. I'm only one win away from having to eat my crow.

At least we know Reggie can't play the QB position.

For one thing, Bush has not adjusted to the speed of the NFL. That is apparent in the way he runs. He starts to hit a hole, then bounces it outside. He also is not very patient. When he gets the ball in his hands he is going full speed, instead of slowing it down and waiting on his blocks to develope. He is even outrunning his FB. He needs to adjust to the speed of the NFL.

Bush reminds me somewhat of Barry Sanders with the stop and go and the juking.People have to realize defenses are going to sell out to stop Bush. I think he'll be fine.Eventually he will get his NFL style of running.After all, nobody tried to make Barry Sanders change his running style.And it worked for him.

And for all of that Detroit never got anywhwere with him beyond a couple of wildcard palyoff appearances.

A great running back does not guarantee wins. The Bears with Walter Payton didn't win until they built a defense...

You need to be able to run but you need D and some overall balance. I'd like to see Reggie become a great every down back but if he doesn't I still think he brings enough versatility to be a consistent part of the offense.

I really think that in addition to getting some patience, he needs a little more lower body strength. He is going down real easy right now. Of course, he's not fully healthy either so that is partially a factor here.

Let him get healthy and mature a little before pronouncing him a bust.

Really, the only way he could be considered a bust is if you are comparing him to the outsized expectations. He's on pace to be among the leagues leaders in receptions.

That's noty a bust unless you expected him to score every time he touches the ball. That's hard to live up to.

...Maroney seems to be already running north/south, so why hasn't Bush learned that yet?

I'm still patient enough to let him learn it. There are times when you see him learn a lesson and make the necessary adjustments which shows much promise...

Maroney was a 25-35+ carry a game RB in college... Especially last year. Go back and look at some his games. He was getting over 40 carries a game at times! Maroney is a pure RB... He's got pretty good hands, FOR A RB. He knows how to accept a 1-2 yd gain for what it is and move on.

Reggie is a totally different type of player than Maroney. Reggie has great hands... PERIOD. Reggie was never asked to be the guy that would tote the rock 30+ times a game for his team. He's too valuable in other areas! Give him a little time... It's only been 8 games. I PROMISE you he will get better.

Everybody needs to have more patience. I truly believe Bush will learn what it takes to be a sucessful NFL RB. There is no doubt the talent, speed, attitude, & desire is there. Its only a matter of time. Please be patience.

I to would not mine Duece getting more carries, but maybe his knee is just not ready for it at this time. I'll trust our coaches on that one. I have heard
that it takes two years for that type of a injury to be 100% healed. If thats
the case then we should be thankful we have Reggie to not overuse Duece.

We are 6-2. I for one will take that any day!!!!!!!!

Duece didnt do great

but atleast he got yards running straight....and he also got a td

bush didnt even get any yards for gods sakes...

NO WAY you guys can blame the oline...

Deuce was averaging 4.8, before being hobbled in the Ravens game. Seems Bush can parlay a short Deuce gain situation into something great, if he'd only work the interior more. It's easier to shake a defender running full speed at you, than two dudes stringing you along the line. I'm just sayin...

The Buc D was totally keyed in to stopping the Saints running game. No one got much yardage, so it is not fair to single out just RB. Why do you think Colston and Devery had the receptions they had? It was because the Bucs stacked the line daring the Saints to throw down the field. I'm fine with this as long as the team is winning. Evenpassing game, when RB went out into patterns, they had two defenders biting on his underneath routes. It's so obviou the opposing D is so keying on stopping him. And I'm also very happy for Devery as he's been getting beat up on this forum lately.

...And I'm also very happy for Devery as he's been getting beat up on this forum lately.

He's been getting "beat up" around here because he disappeared! I'm glad he showed up yesterday, and in a BIG way! Devery is the type of guy that makes plays in games... He may not be a very good practice guy, and that get's him in trouble, but boy does he come up big in games!

Another thing, why are we using him so much on running plays when we have Duece who stands on the sideline more than he's in the huddle? Sure, the overall game plan is producing wins, but I don't think we can live with that theory for much longer as everyone is keying on Bush so much that it is virtually impossible for him to do much at all even with a gaping hole to run through.

This is the one problem I have with Payton's game calling, which otherwise has been phenomenal. Deuce was getting stoned on some plays yesterday due to TB loading up the box and to soft run blocking, but most of the time he was at least getting positive yardage and not losing yards. Too many negative plays from Reggie to be our starting tailback when we've got Deuce on the roster.

I wrote yesterday that maybe someone such as the offensive coordinator for Detroit can be consulted for how they learned to block for and use Sander's skills, or just start reviewing the old films on how to use Bush better and free him up and also, Bush can pay for a little extra coaching. Hire Faulk himself to give him some coaching, many baseball players bring in their own personal coaches as well for extra personal attention on fundamentals of hitting etc.
I also wrote that we should definitely use his skills on kickoffs too. With his speed he's already meeting the kickoff coverage 2 yards further down field than most returners and with kickoffs, you don't have the coverage waiting to post you the second you've caught that pop fly(punt)- you've got more time and space to create in and that's where he can still be useful now while we wait for him to get there as an RB.

Ya know kiddos, Deuce is comming off a major injury that usually takes two years to fully recover from. He really has no business looking as good as he does now and it's probably a good idea for his career to not get 25-30 carries a game right now. Bush also has a sprained ankle, does he not? I remember spraining my ankle a few years ago. I needed crutches for nearly a month and I didn't have 11 NFL sized men trying to kill me once a week.

Methinks, that perhaps in this case, the coaching staff acually knows best in this one. After all, we ARE 6-2.

It's not like Deuce set the world on fire the last two games running the ball either. You can teach Bush, but teach the O Line how to run block better as well. This is a team game, right????

atleast duece has "positive" yardage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom