Our RB's coach needs to coach Bush - he needs help (1 Viewer)

that would be great. Get on it

Would love to if i could get someone to listen. Maybe, just maybe, if we say it enough, one of the coaches/players might bring it up. I realize that it is just a wish, but you never know.

I hate to say it David, but you may have stumbled onto the so called problem with RB--he needs more carries on a full time basis. We may be trying to keep tweo people happy and hurting both.

Deuce is the bruiser, the one who wears down defenses going into the 4th quarter. Deuce also has speed and above average hands. Reggie should be utilized as the change of pace guy, the guy in the slot at receiver. Motion guy, decoy. Defenses are keying on him. Utilize that and get Deuce more involved.

Did you watch the games or just read the paper? Deuce didn't play 2 weeks ago because of injury and stood on the sideline most of yesterday.

If you think Deuce didn't play two weeks ago, it's you who aren't watching the games...

He had 5 attempts for 11 yards, 2.2 yards a carry. Bush had 5 attempts for 16 yards. Neither is acceptable.
Yesterday Deuce had 15 attempts for 32 yards, Bush 11 for -5. Deuce's #s are better, but neither is really acceptable, right?

Bottom line is no one is willing to tip their hats and admit this line has problems run blocking and we just played the top team at stopping the run and another team who still has a very great run stopping front-7 in the Bucs.

Yeah, Bush can improve his running, but even running north and south the last two games wouldn't have result in more than 25 yards, period. Spin it any way you want, but go watch the file. Those gaps are filling. Teams are not wanting to let us run on them and they are not respecting Brees and our WRs. And if they want to continue that and we keep winning, I'm OK with it. Stats are overrated, wins are not.

Deuce is not being utilized. All great backs need 20 to 25 touches in a game to get their yards. They start slow - 2 to 3 yards a carry - then increase that in each quarter. Payton doesn't untilize Deuce in that way, and his yardage is suffering. Deuce is only getting 10 to 15 touches a game and that won't work.

Perhaps the coach knows something you don't like Deuce not being 100%. Neither Deuce or Reggie are 100%.
It's hard to argue to with 6-2, though. Wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:
I'm sure the coaches and other RBs have been advising Matrix to be more patient, hit the sliver of daylight, and worry about the shake n bake once he breaks into the 2nd tier of Ds. That's RB 101. I think Matrix is seeing phantom paths to the big runs, and isnt content to just take whatever given. He has the moves to turn pedestrian gains into big plays, but looks for the home run each at bat.

The bottom line is:

1. He's a rookie.. Tiki Barber only had 3 TDs his rookie year. Turned out pretty good.
2. He's NOT Duece... Duece can run through tackles while Reggie needs space.
3. The OL is not the best blocking line in the league.

Give him time and let the OL get better. He'll be running through holes before you know it.

if Payton doesn't take the kid gloves off soon, even Reggie's teammates will start to resent him soon.

I highly doubt his teammates would turn on him knowing that he is only a rookie and is still trying to adjust to the NFL game. The only people who I can envision turning on him so quickly is some of the fans on this board who want Deuce to carry the ball 30-40 times a game.

you can make all the points you want but until he is running toward the endzone and not the sideline the statement in the title of this thread is valid.

P.S. I don't think Matrix is very fitting right now

ooh....it sounds like i am knocking bush and i don't want to do that. I'm just knocking his RB skills right now. i think he is steve smith like as a WR

I think we should trade Bush next year. He's just not getting done.

Tiki & Deuce weren't running east-west all the time as rookies. Same goes for Portis & Dunn, so it isnt about having the power of Deuce. Running sideways, Matrix often finds himself alone with a bigger defender. They don't fall for the shake, and others faster than he is used to have time to come help. At least he has blockers while hitting the holes, and 2 yards is better than 0. Pushing Ds wears them down more than making them chase.

Bush reminds me somewhat of Barry Sanders with the stop and go and the juking.People have to realize defenses are going to sell out to stop Bush. I think he'll be fine.Eventually he will get his NFL style of running.After all, nobody tried to make Barry Sanders change his running style.And it worked for him.

Duece didnt do great

but atleast he got yards running straight....and he also got a td

bush didnt even get any yards for gods sakes...

NO WAY you guys can blame the oline...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom