Our secondary is a disaster (1 Viewer)

This game Ive been more shocked by our D line

So much missed sacks
People stumbling over their own feet
No one being able to tackle alone, always needed 3-4 saints to stop their guys
Pass rush is so bad that no secondary could ever keep up with receivers

He‘s regressed big time. He bought into his own hype.

CGJ

Actually, him guarding DJ Moore in space is all coaching mishaps.

He’s a strong safety that should be in the box, run blitzing, covering TE’s.....blowing up RBs.

He’s not, and has never been, a boundary corner.
So Caro put Moore in the slot.....then ran him in space to the side side.

Smart by Caro, not smart by us.

Put the man where he thrives, not where he struggles.

CGJ

Actually, him guarding DJ Moore in space is all coaching mishaps.

He’s a strong safety that should be in the box, run blitzing, covering TE’s.....blowing up RBs.

He’s not, and has never been, a boundary corner.
So Caro put Moore in the slot.....then ran him in space to the side side.

Smart by Caro, not smart by us.

Put the man where he thrives, not where he struggles.

Great points.

Doing what ? Getting beat in coverage ? It’s all about detail and discipline we don’t have it no matter whose back there.

Simply everyone do their job , MWilliams I love him he he seems to not be doing his job . He’s a shell of himself after the Diggs Catch sad to say

It’s the whole Defense not just the secondary. Almost every play looks like a complete surprise to them. Like they’ve never seen any game film of opposing Offenses. They play like 11 random guys throw out there. It’s gotten so bad that even outstanding players like Demario Davis and Cam Jordan are starting to miss tackles, take bad pursuit angles, look like JAGs. This is 100% on Dennis Allen and how he’s still employed after his Ds are giving up a nearly 100% TD success rate in the red zone I‘ll never know.

It's not well accepted around here, but Earl Thomas changes that secondary
I’ll admit that I have not kept tabs on him as he’s gotten older and I don’t really remember the specifics of the character marks against him.

But I’d at least think long and hard about it. Williams at safety is just not going to work.

Y’all are begging for Earl while complaining about our db’s being off schedule. One of the reasons Earl was cut is because he freelanced too much and didn’t stick to the gameplan. Be careful what you’re asking for.
Ah, that’s a good point. Didn’t know that.

Whatever changes need to be made i don't care cuts,trades, or playing time this defense needs to be woken up and playing way better than later. It's one thing to feel bad or uneasy about road games during regular season or playoffs but if defense wins championships we have no shot right now. Teddy missed like 5 single throws today.

Williams doesn’t seem to trust the CB’s. Always coming down to help when he doesn’t need to, leaving men running wide open.

Do something! It would be hard to imagine they'd get worse.
This defense is worse than the ones that set records for being bad. The third down defense is pathetic! And I'd rather see a 3rd and two than a 3rd and 17. Think about it, I'm sure most of have watched pro football for a long time, have you ever seen a worse 3rd down defense?

Those complaining about our defense need to get the NFL Ticket and watch some other team’s defenses. No elite defenses or even good defenses this season. Yes that even includes the Chiefs who struggled like us to stop and beat the Chargers.

Those complaining about our defense need to get the NFL Ticket and watch some other team’s defenses. No elite defenses or even good defenses this season. Yes that even includes the Chiefs who struggled like us to stop and beat the Chargers.
Maybe so, but it’s all relative.

We’re still worse than almost every team in all the important defensive metrics. Doesn’t matter that other teams have bad production if we have awful production.

The Chiefs, by the way, are giving up 9 fewer points per game than us, and opposing QB’s have an average passer rating that’s ~ 30 points worse than what we allow. So I’d say that they still have a much better defense than us.

Last edited:
This is it for Drew. If we have any chance at a deep playoff run the D needs an infusion of talent. We saw what the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade did for the Steelers.

We've been going all in all these years, why stop now? Marcus Williams isn't going to get better. But they just keep trotting him out there and hoping for the best. He's not the only problem but he's the most glaring problem. At what point is enough enough?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom