Our Secondary (1 Viewer)

ASaintFerLife

A Shining light of Truth
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Is our secondary going to be awesome or what!! We have guys that are playing lights out in camp right now.

Cannot wait to at least see something thursday, and cook some Gumbo.

Except for Kurt Coleman, they're home grown. In the past the Saints have almost always had to go outside to get their best secondary. Dave Whitsell, Eric Allen, Dale Carter, Darren Sharper, Mike McKenzie, Jabari Greer were all taken from other teams. We won't mention a safety from Buffalo, whose name rhymes with nerd, among other possible rhymes. :mwink:

Except for Kurt Coleman, they're home grown. In the past the Saints have almost always had to go outside to get their best secondary. Dave Whitsell, Eric Allen, Dale Carter, Darren Sharper, Mike McKenzie, Jabari Greer were all taken from other teams. We won't mention a safety from Buffalo, whose name rhymes with nerd, among other possible rhymes. :mwink:

Great point!
Imo Greer is the most underrated corner in our history. Just a consummate professional and a lock down corner. Loved watching him play.

Linebackers as well. Don't recall ever having a group with this much speed and general knack for disrupting the passing game.

Definitely stoked about the potential of this team.

They are secondary to none.

Edit: Now that I have more than a second, I'll add more than a cheesy dad joke. Between Lattimore's cover ability and Williams' range, it really frees up the other safety to roam more freely. I think Bell is going to have a nice year statistically, because of the talent around him. I've heard Sean Payton say multiple times this offseason that a big reason they brought Coleman in was how smart he was on tape. When you let someone free, you want to trust that they'll make the right decisions, and a smart football player will do that more often than not. If we can stay healthy, our base nickel defense is tops in the league. Davis and AA are better in coverage than any linebacker we had last year. With the recovery of Okafor and additions/improvements of Hendrickson/Davenport, Cam Jordan may kick inside on obvious passing situations. We have a lot of options and good depth.

Last edited:
Great point!
Imo Greer is the most underrated corner in our history. Just a consummate professional and a lock down corner. Loved watching him play.
And he loves it in NOLA. I’m pretty sure he lives here. I see him with his kids around town. Great guy.

And he loves it in NOLA. I’m pretty sure he lives here. I see him with his kids around town. Great guy.

I didn’t know that. That is awesome! And I don’t blame him, I love NOLA too, have always had a great time when visiting. And I’m not referring to the Quarter.

Linebackers as well. Don't recall ever having a group with this much speed and general knack for disrupting the passing game.

I had honestly completely forgotten what a good LB group can do for the game. I was a kid in the Dome Patrol days so this is a whole new world for me.

I had honestly completely forgotten what a good LB group can do for the game. I was a kid in the Dome Patrol days so this is a whole new world for me.

Me too! Grew up in awe of the Dome Patrol. People feared playing us. Love it.

I remember when we signed Davis and folks were skeptical about him in coverage. Safe to say, he’s put dat baby to bed! I’ve seen vids of him with excellent man coverage some 20-25 yds downfield!

And like I posted in another thread, Anzalone has been flat out ballin in coverage! Body of a LB, but range, speed and ball skills of a safety!

The added athleticism of that duo is really gonna help out the secondary in coverage!

Not to Rain on your parade, but did you forget about the Dome Patrol?!?! lol

Not to Rain on your parade, but did you forget about the Dome Patrol?!?! lol
Will never forget the Dome Patrol.... Let me clarify lol. I meant disruption from a coverage standpoint and not so much from a rushing the passer or removing the passer's will to live standpoint.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom