Our SpecialTeams .. still bad (1 Viewer)

No. They actually had a better game than any I can recall in recent years. Coverage was on point. Punts were amazing. Almost had our first return TD in 5 years. We had great containment. I remember one play there were two Panther blockers on one gunner and the gunner held containment and kept the returner from getting ANYTHING. Nah they had a good game yesterday

Not to be that guy, but Murphy did have one last season against the Panthers.

"Held accountable"? How you gonna do that? No banana pudding with lunch today? Take away his Netflix password for the week? No texting or FaceTime with his girlfriend until he gets his grades up?

Of all the asinine thing that fans say, this "held accountable" has got to be in the top five of inanity.
Believe it or not, the HC needs to be held accountable for performance of all of the team's units, and ST has underperformed badly all year and has cost us at least one game so far. Frankly, I traveled six hour each way to get to the game, went to the game, screamed my head off, and represented Saints nation. So I make no qualms about making a valid criticism. I'm tired of seeing teams rack up over 30 points routinely against us in home games, and it's not just the defense that's contributing to that horrendous stat. It's poor ST play. We lost field position big time all game except for that one Lewis return. There's no excuse for not using the man. Byrd has been a big disappointment both defensively and as a return man. I just can't understand why Payton is using him to fair catch punts that could be returned.

Believe it or not, the HC needs to be held accountable for performance of all of the team's units, and ST has underperformed badly all year and has cost us at least one game so far. Frankly, I traveled six hour each way to get to the game, went to the game, screamed my head off, and represented Saints nation. So I make no qualms about making a valid criticism. I'm tired of seeing teams rack up over 30 points routinely against us in home games, and it's not just the defense that's contributing to that horrendous stat. It's poor ST play. We lost field position big time all game except for that one Lewis return. There's no excuse for not using the man. Byrd has been a big disappointment both defensively and as a return man. I just can't understand why Payton is using him to fair catch punts that could be returned.

So, how? How do you hold him accountable? You want to fire him? Fine him? What?

"Held accountable"? How you gonna do that? No banana pudding with lunch today? Take away his Netflix password for the week? No texting or FaceTime with his girlfriend until he gets his grades up?

Of all the asinine thing that fans say, this "held accountable" has got to be in the top five of inanity.

"Held accountable" for putting Byrd back there to field punts.

Payton: Byrd, it's a short punt, probably won't be a chance for return with any height at all, just safely fair catch it and we'll put our award winning offense back out there. Don't return it, I don't care about risking 4 yards on a return. Drew will get that back and more in one play.

Byrd: Yes sir, coach.

And Byrd fair caught the ball, as he was instructed, and we went down the field and scored.

I'm completely missing what Payton should be "held accountable" for?

"Held accountable" for putting Byrd back there to field punts.

Payton: Byrd, it's a short punt, probably won't be a chance for return with any height at all, just safely fair catch it and we'll put our award winning offense back out there. Don't return it, I don't care about risking 4 yards on a return. Drew will get that back and more in one play.

Byrd: Yes sir, coach.

And Byrd fair caught the ball, as he was instructed, and we went down the field and scored.

I'm completely missing what Payton should be "held accountable" for?

He needs to be accountable for the other team's terrible punting! Payton is so bad with ST it rubs off on the other team!

or something

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom