Our two extra draft picks this year...(Chip Vaugh and Stanly Arnoux)) (1 Viewer)

Add 10-15 more lbs and he could play weakside LB.

chip seems like more of a SS to me. Not necessarily a ball hawk.

That's what I see too. The positives I see are - he's fast, he has nice size, he's a good open field tackler. Negatives - no ballhawking (the INTs in the video are either tipped passes or horrible throws right to him. He's clearly playing the man not the ball), not a big hitter (watch you'll see him have chances at big hits but instead go for drag down tackles) so he's still an unknown in my book. The potential is there.

The interesting thing is that Casillas was ranked higher than Arnoux by most draft gurus. He was was downgraded becasue of injury and size. He may be the next WLB.

I remember Vaughn initially being "******" that he was being placed on the IR, saying the injury wasn't that bad and he could be back to play. Sort of like when Adrian Arrington was placed on IR with turf toe in the preseason his rookie season. So this injury may not affect his potential as much as feared.
This is what I came in to post :9:

In camp, Chip just looked HUGE my friends... practically linebacker big. I'm really excited about seeing what he has in store. I really think he could have contributed well this year, sad that he wasn't able to.

I have a feeling.. depending on the training camps.. that both arnoux and casillas could start for us this year replacing both Scotts not just one.. I like Shanle but he is above average at his best and a liability when hes not on his a game (i.e how Dallas Clark had his way against Shanle in the Superbowl til we switched to the 3-3-5 package) so If we take a DE like i think we will with the 32nd part i expect an open competition for the OLB spots

OK... I'M NOT COMPARING CHIP TO ED REED...

but look at the way Ed runs and strafes, and look at Chip in the OP's video above.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VxciL6SvEuQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VxciL6SvEuQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Oh and I like WF's colors :hihi:

Good luck to Chip in his pursuit of a roster spot.

I like Shanle but he is above average at his best and a liability when hes not on his a game (i.e how Dallas Clark had his way against Shanle in the Superbowl til we switched to the 3-3-5 package)
Dallas Clark had his way with a of of lbs and safeties this year. Shanle strength, as it has been reported this year, is his pass coverage. Most on this forum, I believe, have crticized his run support.

That's what I see too. The positives I see are - he's fast, he has nice size, he's a good open field tackler. Negatives - no ballhawking (the INTs in the video are either tipped passes or horrible throws right to him. He's clearly playing the man not the ball), not a big hitter (watch you'll see him have chances at big hits but instead go for drag down tackles) so he's still an unknown in my book. The potential is there.

Right. Usama Young skill set with more size, and the potential to improve.

The interesting thing is that Casillas was ranked higher than Arnoux by most draft gurus. He was was downgraded becasue of injury and size. He may be the next WLB.

That's true. From what I recall, a few reports theorized about Casillas slimming down to play SS. Arnoux was always a mid round projected MLB

Chip, however, was pretty highly rated (in a weak safety class).

My concern with these 2 is that they were not in the toughest conference and were surrounded with studs like Aaron Curry and Alphonso Smith. We will have to wait and see, but the folks who are drooling over these two need to pump the brakes a little. Two project 4th rounders are rarely going to end up starting for the defending Superbowl Champions (I love saying that!)

That's true. From what I recall, a few reports theorized about Casillas slimming down to play SS. Arnoux was always a mid round projected MLB

Chip, however, was pretty highly rated (in a weak safety class).

My concern with these 2 is that they were not in the toughest conference and were surrounded with studs like Aaron Curry and Alphonso Smith. We will have to wait and see, but the folks who are drooling over these two need to pump the brakes a little. Two project 4th rounders are rarely going to end up starting for the defending Superbowl Champions (I love saying that!)

I think most in this thread are hoping they can catch on with special teams this year.

Funnily enough I had my i-pod on song shuffle this morning and it played an interview of Sean Payton talking about Vaughan and Arnoux right after we drafted them. He said they see Vaughan as a free safetry due to how much range he had

I think most in this thread are hoping they can catch on with special teams this year.

I've been on this board enough to have seen MANY fans who think these two are the second soming of Lott and Singletary. My apologies to the more level headed residents of this particular discussion.:worthy:

I believe that both of these guys, at the very least, could be phenominal special teams players, perhaps even better that Evans and Reis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom