Our WRs not named Thomas against the Jets (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I didn’t watch the game tonight.
From the play by play, it’s apparent that only Thomas and Kamara did something with the firsts.
I would have liked a bit more action from KW, Butler, Grayson, and even Smith.
Did they play on the first drive?
Did you notice something about them being open/running routes?

(Sorry for my English)

Thanks

I didn’t watch the game tonight.
From the play by play, it’s apparent that only Thomas and Kamara did something with the firsts.
I would have liked a bit more action from KW, Butler, Grayson, and even Smith.
Did they play on the first drive?
Did you notice something about them being open/running routes?

(Sorry for my English)

Thanks
The first drive looked like scripted plays to get the starters work and get out

Nothing really special from the others. You had a chance to see that Butler has a nice catch radius, but that's it. Grayson caught a long pass, but everyone knows he has speed.

Again this year nothing to see behind Thomas as a rising WR. We have some WR’s, but none I would remotely get excited about and that is worrisome once again.
One of the two hopefulls may not even make the roster: Grayson or Butler. Even if they did, and unless an injury occurs, it would be hard to see them move past Kirkwood & Smith. So yeah...we're basically seeing the samething from last year with the addition of Cook.

From what little I’ve seen in these games, I like Grayson. Not sure how well he’s performed in camp, but I love his speed which we badly need to open up the middle of the field. I know we have Ginn for that purpose, but I don’t see him staying healthy all season. I think it’s likely some other team will pick up Grayson after we cut him.

One of the two hopefulls may not even make the roster: Grayson or Butler. Even if they did, and unless an injury occurs, it would be hard to see them move past Kirkwood & Smith. So yeah...we're basically seeing the samething from last year with the addition of Cook.
Smith is overrated and Butler looked at least as good as Kirkwood last night.

I would not be surprised to see butler overtake both.

If Ginn goes back to the old drop-passes-that-hit-him-right-in-the-hands routine like he did tonight, Grayson might have an opening as our stretch-the-field burner.

We need more consistency out of TQS, Butler would love to take his job.

Again this year nothing to see behind Thomas as a rising WR. We have some WR’s, but none I would remotely get excited about and that is worrisome once again.

I disagree...I think Kirkwood and TQS will show they have improved....Butler caught a few balls finally and looked ok, but I'm not even sure he makes the team.

I love Grayson but I don't think he will make the team either, Harris has pretty much locked up a roster spot IMO....

Butler, Carr, Kirkwood and Grayson moved the chains consistently throughout the night. Derby is playing well, Arnold did a decent job last night.

Smith and Ginn had drops, Smith had a bad night overall, lots of passes he should have come down with. The Ginn drop was a hard pass to catch, would think he’d have sold out for it in the regular season.

To say the other WR’s were terrible or something like that is purely pushing that agenda. Even Harris got in on the action in the 4th.

Ozigbo and Washington did fairly well last night too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom