Our WRs not named Thomas against the Jets (1 Viewer)

Butler, Carr, Kirkwood and Grayson moved the chains consistently throughout the night. Derby is playing well, Arnold did a decent job last night.

Smith and Ginn had drops, Smith had a bad night overall, lots of passes he should have come down with. The Ginn drop was a hard pass to catch, would think he’d have sold out for it in the regular season.

To say the other WR’s were terrible or something like that is purely pushing that agenda. Even Harris got in on the action in the 4th.

Ozigbo and Washington did fairly well last night too.

I like Washington running the ball, but for the second straight game he did a “tip drill” with a pass (thankfully not picked off this time). I would think Payton’s getting awfully sick of that... I know I am. I’d also think this team can’t use an RB that can’t catch. Just my two cents...

Agreed that A.J. Derby has been looking good. It will be interesting to see how many TEs the Saints keep.

Kirkwood is dangerous in space, Harris can be a legit WR, Grayson has no wiggle that I saw. Smith had a meh game. I got my first good look at Butler, and can see what the hoopla is about. His hands and body control are phenomenal, reminds me a little bit of Mike.

I like Washington running the ball, but for the second straight game he did a “tip drill” with a pass (thankfully not picked off this time). I would think Payton’s getting awfully sick of that... I know I am. I’d also think this team can’t use an RB that can’t catch. Just my two cents...

Agreed that A.J. Derby has been looking good. It will be interesting to see how many TEs the Saints keep.
Yeah, Washington is not catching so well, but runs well and plays special teams. Ozigbo is showing some good wheels and catches well. He’s gotta make the 53.

Kirkwood is dangerous in space, Harris can be a legit WR, Grayson has no wiggle that I saw. Smith had a meh game. I got my first good look at Butler, and can see what the hoopla is about. His hands and body control are phenomenal, reminds me a little bit of Mike.
Good assessment! I see Grayson as a poor man’s Cooks.
He has one strength and that’s to get deep, He has great hands so there is a place for him as a burner.

When you have a Michael Thomas, he's going to dominate. That doesn't always mean the guys behind him are terrible as much as it means Thomas is just that good. If Brees sees Thomas and anyone else open, he's going to chose Thomas every single time.

Butler, Carr, Kirkwood and Grayson moved the chains consistently throughout the night. Derby is playing well, Arnold did a decent job last night.
If Arnold "did a decent job", what do you want?!?
If 5 of 6 for 83 yards for a 3rd TE w/a 2nd/3rd QB, isn't better than decent, I wonder exactly how you're determining any players worth. Arnold is the 2nd highest rated TE in the preseason & had his best game SAT.
He's made the final roster(unless injured).

If Arnold "did a decent job", what do you want?!?
If 5 of 6 for 83 yards for a 3rd TE w/a 2nd/3rd QB, isn't better than decent, I wonder exactly how you're determining any players worth. Arnold is the 2nd highest rated TE in the preseason & had his best game SAT.
He's made the final roster(unless injured).

Take a breath, it was a compliment.

Arnold has had an up and down preseason.

Caught a TD and then proceeded to hand the DB an Int that lost the game.
Caught some passes, dropped some passes.

He's got all the talent in the world and will definitely make the roster. Just needs to be more consistent.

My post was overwhelmingly positive about all of our pass catchers, not sure how that got turned into a negative.

Most of the time WRs take a big leap in their 2nd or 3rd year. We've seen it recently with Allen Robinson, Mike Williams, and Corey Davis to name a few. The transition from college to pros is tough for any position but especially WR. A lot of those guys are able to dominate in college because they are simply faster and more athletic than the players trying to defend them.

Hopefully TQS or Kirkwood takes that next step. I don't know if either player is Pro Bowl material but for right now we just need average starter material.

[QUOTE="Meachem

My post was overwhelmingly positive about all of our pass catchers, not sure how that got turned into a negative.
[/QUOTE]

Maybe it was your comment I quoted about Arnold being "decent". When you are the NFL's 2nd highest rated TE(only the 3rd on your own team) & not playing w/the #1 QB, I think that calls for considerably more enthusiasm than "decent".

I THINK I saw Ozigbo running with ST last night. That's a good sign. (could have been a defensive player wearing 32)
Bobby and Christian were arguing about whether or not Ozigbo made a ST tackle. I am pretty sure he did.

Washington is likely to be out for a while thanks to that cheap shot ******* that concussed him. That creep ought to have been ejected. If he's not heavily fined, I will be ******. Sorry for my usual threadjacking. ?‍♂️

I didn’t watch the game tonight.
From the play by play, it’s apparent that only Thomas and Kamara did something with the firsts.
I would have liked a bit more action from KW, Butler, Grayson, and even Smith.
Did they play on the first drive?
Did you notice something about them being open/running routes?

(Sorry for my English)

Thanks
there is a reason why our receivers after Thomas and Ginn went undrafted(I count Smith even while drafted). They are largely poor route runners, not athletic and have mediocre hand skills. none will catch more than 10-20 ball this year, but I would say that Smith has the most potential. He looks like he is better at catching the ball this year. So catch totals 2019: Thomas 70 Ginn 40 Smith 30 Other receivers: 50 TE's: 70 RB's 60-80

there is a reason why our receivers after Thomas and Ginn went undrafted(I count Smith even while drafted). They are largely poor route runners, not athletic and have mediocre hand skills. none will catch more than 10-20 ball this year, but I would say that Smith has the most potential. He looks like he is better at catching the ball this year. So catch totals 2019: Thomas 70 Ginn 40 Smith 30 Other receivers: 50 TE's: 70 RB's 60-80
Thomas only going to catch 70 balls???Yikes!

All time leader in receptions in his first 3 years in the nfl... He's catching triple digits.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom