Saints Out Of Bounds latest....Saints future qb (speculation) (1 Viewer)

That would be foolish of Jameis, considering he will probably get a decent one or two year contract to stay. N.O with all thier weapons and coaching gives Winston the best chance at success. With that success he can parlay that into a lofty contract.

It's definitely a two-way street.

There has been a major change since Payton said that about Taysom, though: Taysom got his chance to prove he was, indeed, the Saints next starter and he didn't get the job done. So I wouldn't put much stock in anything Payton said about Taysom before 1) Taysom got starter reps and 2) Jameis was actually in the building.

It's also worth noting that Winston came to New Orleans already knowing what the team had at the time with both Brees and Hill. Sure, teams weren't beating down his door. But for what he signed for with New Orleans, there would have been other teams that ultimately paid that. He understood the value of playing for Payton.

With essentially no real game tape from last season (which is distinctly different from Bridgewater), it's likely that New Orleans probably offers both the best opportunity and the best financial scenario for Winston.

Who knows what will happen at this point, but it seems to me that this (for the right price and lots of incentives) is the best opportunity for Winston. He will be coached up by a Hall of Fame Coach and have a solid OL and good defense to support him. The money will clearly be an issue and alot will depend also on what kind of interest he will get from other teams and what they may be willing to pay Winston. My bet is on him staying for a incentive laden contract and prove it deal!

I'm not completely sold on Winston. That said, he seems to be the best option at this time. But there may be better ways to go for the long term. I think there really is little reason to break the bank for Winston. It's much more important for the Saints to hang on to as many proven players as possible. I trust the coach and FO to know which players are worth paying for and which can be replaced by up-and-coming players or draft choices. This years draft is particularly deep at WR and EDGE.

So as far as QB is concerned, I don't think Hill is the long term answer either, but he may be a sufficient bridge. Or there may be another QB that can be picked up for low cost that can serve as the bridge. Who is that long-term guy? Maybe Payton has his eye on someone who can be grabbed as a mid-round project. Maybe he sees the possibility of a better QB to draft in 2022.

Finally, many people have projected that Mac Jones may still be on the board at 28. If that happens, I think it's a no-brainer as he looks better than anyone I see coming in 2022. But take it for what it's worth, almost every time I've picked a QB to be a star, I've been wrong (Burrow is the one exception and the jury's still out).

He doesn't want to be with an organization with a culture of winning and talent to win now, lead by a future Hall Of Fame Coach who will go down as one of the best offensive minds in the game?...….well, its possible.

Seems that Mike is simply speculating, not based on anything he has heard. I would doubt that Winston would be that thin-skinned when deciding his future.

That would be foolish of Jameis, considering he will probably get a decent one or two year contract to stay. N.O with all thier weapons and coaching gives Winston the best chance at success. With that success he can parlay that into a lofty contract.
I thought Mike D said that the Qb isn't with the organization yet. So which is it, unless I misunderstood the quotes.

lol Taysom and Fitzpatrick would at least be wildly entertaining.. you have to admit

:sir-saint:

That guy Bo Bounds is a hack. Sad that Mike D. has to go down the food chain that far to promote his brand. Mike is a legend, but he has no connections in the locker room or among prominent player agents. He is spitballing on Winston’s intentions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom