Out of Winston , Carr and Wilson...who would you rather be our starting QB next season? (1 Viewer)

Who's your preference?

• Jameis

Votes: 50 51.0%
  • Derek Carr

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Russ

Votes: 36 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Carr is a gritty. Always critiqued by team and fan based similar to brees. He would bring complementary attitude to our office to match our defense.

If you're just talking best QB for the Saints next season with no other consideration it's Russell Wilson by a mile and probably 29 other teams could say the same thing.

Better question would be do we trade pick 18 for Russ and draft a WR in the 2nd? Or re-sign Jameis and draft a WR at pick 18?

We’re instantly a contender with Russ, but can become a contender with Jameis having two top WRs. Depends on how fast the FO wants to seriously contend and how patient they are with Jameis’ development in the offense.

Carr is a gritty. Always critiqued by team and fan based similar to brees. He would bring complementary attitude to our office to match our defense.
Watched our game today with a Raiders fan, and I asked him why do people think so little of Carr. He says that for the first 3 quarters of every game he is a game manager at best, but during the 4th qtr he comes alive, and is elite.

People want something more consistent over 4 quarters, and that’s why they would move on from Carr.

He also said that he wanted to keep their current interim head coach.

I’m a fan of keeping Winston, otherwise give me Carr.

Last edited:
Why do people think the Raiders will move on from Carr? Is he out of contract?

I'd be content with any of the three. I voted for Jameis because I think he is the most affordable - and he comes across as a highly likeable character.

Russ is the best QB of the three but would come at the highest price, both in terms of draft capital and salary. I'd take Russ straight up (or even for pick 18 as floated above), but those scenarios are just a pipe dream. Seattle will want two or three first rounders.

And if that's the equation, then I'm taking Jameis and picking the best available WR/TEs with our first two or three selections.

Better question would be do we trade pick 18 for Russ and draft a WR in the 2nd? Or re-sign Jameis and draft a WR at pick 18?

We’re instantly a contender with Russ, but can become a contender with Jameis having two top WRs. Depends on how fast the FO wants to seriously contend and how patient they are with Jameis’ development in the offense.
Russell Wilson is not going to be traded for 1 Number 1 pick.

It’s tough. Wilson is the best, but also the oldest and the most expensive. Winston, there’s no learning curve at all and he was starting to look really good. Carr, I always thought would look elite under Payton. I’d guess we try to re-sign Winston, and if he gets a better offer, we go after someone other than Wilson and Carr because they’ll either be too expensive or unavailable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom