Out of Winston , Carr and Wilson...who would you rather be our starting QB next season? (1 Viewer)

Who's your preference?

• Jameis

Votes: 50 51.0%
  • Derek Carr

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Russ

Votes: 36 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Given what would likely be required to have either of then under center, and the state of the Saints outside the QB position, I voted Jameis.

I see next season as another middling, transitional year regardless.

I would love Russ and I think this offseason we will flirt real hard with him but the price will just be to high. What's a fancy QB without WRs to throw the ball to?

Russell Wilson is not going to be traded for 1 Number 1 pick.
Didn’t say he would be traded for only one number pick. Full potential compensation wasn’t mentioned. The emphasis was on is it worth giving up the first round pick for Russell Wilson and draft a WR in the next round, or draft a WR in the first and re-sign Jameis, assuming the 2nd rounder isn’t included.

As much as I disliked Winston coming out of college then going to TB, I have gained so much respect for him over the last 8 months! He always has a good attitude, great work ethic and I truly believe he was becoming the leader of this team before getting hurt.

I want to see what he can do and I feel like this team will fight for him too!
I'm riding with Winston!

This question needs a qualifier. Does this include the investment cost or are we just asking who we'd rather have if we had our pick?

Winston if the investment is a factor, Carr if this is just hypothetical.

Winston but only for a 2 year 20 mil type deal with escalators for performance. We need to continue to add pieces and reduce cap. For all the people thinking Jamis will get a huge offer from somewhere else go read the PFF top 100 FA and their thoughts on him. They expect him to sign for less than 10 a year.

Winston is far and away the most likely starting QB next year. He knows the system and can manage the offense sufficiently to supplement our defense. He’d also be the best deal financially.

If Thomas returns to even 75% of his former self, that’s a huge difference for any quarterback. We dealt with unprecedented injuries/illness this season, so I’d like to see Jameis get a really hard look. He’ll only be 28 years old next season.

Even straight up I'm going with Winston....he is younger than both of them and I think he has a much higher ceiling than Carr....I also think Wilson is on the downside of his career, he isn't the same player he was a few years ago....

Winston but only for a 2 year 20 mil type deal with escalators for performance. We need to continue to add pieces and reduce cap. For all the people thinking Jamis will get a huge offer from somewhere else go read the PFF top 100 FA and their thoughts on him. They expect him to sign for less than 10 a year.
I'm laughing at that assessment because I assume they have him pegged as a backup. He's done 2 one year deals with us and was named the starter. The contract they gave Hill means 50 mil guaranteed and 100 mil with incentives. Whether this is done for 3 or 4 years depends on the cap management. I do agree the deal needs flexibity for both sides, though. We should be able to move on after a couple of years if things don't work out and he should be able to renegotiate if he's outperforming the initial deal. Of the 3 listed, Winston is the only one that we can get without a major sacrifice in talent via the trade.

Wilson is out of the question--the price in both draft picks and dollars is too steep. Carr is also still under contract (through 2022) and would be too expensive, IMO. Jameis is the only realistic option of the 3 presented by the OP. We need to spend our limited cap dollars on keeping this defense together and then trying to make some modest upgrades to the O line and WR corps. If we can do that, we don't need a great QB to get back in the playoff hunt, just a good one, which Jameis is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom